Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

August 28th, 2015 20:00

Difficulty getting bluetooth mouse to function with XPS-13 9343

Every time I boot up my XPS-13 9343 it's a 20 minute battle to get the bluetooth mouse to function.  Why so difficult.  Once I finally get there, the mouse works great.

I don't think there is any problem with the mouse, I think the problem is with the XPS-13.  The reason I say that is that sometimes while I'm retrying the bluetooth connection, wireless will quit working on the XPS-13. When it does that, I reboot again and both wireless and bluetooth work.

XPS-13 9343  2 weeks old.

Logitech M557 bluetooth mouse, new.

Windows 10, original OS.

36 Posts

August 28th, 2015 20:00

Update

Now my WiFi is completely dead.  It doesn't even show up on the Network & Internet page in Settings.

2 Posts

September 2nd, 2015 08:00

I've been having the exact same issue with my XPS-13. I initially thought it was my wireless router/bluetooth mouse. I installed new drivers which seemed to help a bit, but (as I type this) my mouse is moving the cursor!

36 Posts

September 3rd, 2015 16:00

Bump.  What's the secret to getting a bluetooth mouse to function reliably with a new XPS-13?

XPS-13 9343  new.

Logitech M557 bluetooth mouse, new.

Windows 10, original OS.

36 Posts

September 13th, 2015 19:00

How do I get support for this.  I think the problem is the laptop not the mouse.  Because half the time while the laptop is trying to find the mouse, the WIFi gets knocked out.  And I can't get the WIFI back without rebooting.  Sometimes I even have to go into device manager to re-enable WIFI.  It says it was disabled because of a "conflict".

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

September 18th, 2015 18:00

Sure it's a BT mouse and not one  that uses the Dell Unifying Application? Does this mouse use a USB dongle?

Do you have the latest WiFi and BT drivers for Win 10? Which ones you need depends on whether you have Dell or Intel WiFi and BT hardware. (Check Device Manager.)

And do you have the latest Chipset drivers, including the Intel HID driver?

In Device Manager, double-click the entry for your WiFi card. Click Power Management tab and uncheck the box "Allow PC to turn off...". Do the same thing for all USB root hubs, and then for all HID devices. Reboot when done.

Then open Power Options screen in Win 10, click Advanced settings link and turn off Hybrid Sleep for USB and disable the option to turn off WiFi. Save the changes to the Power plan and reboot.

Does that help?

36 Posts

September 18th, 2015 20:00

Thanks Ron...

Yes, I'm sure it's bluetooth. There is no USB dongle. Bluetooth logo on mouse. I do sometimes get it to
work. And when I do, it works great, and keeps running great until I shut down. But most of the time it doesn't work.

I used the Dell driver check tool (don't remember what it's called) and it says all my drivers are up to
date.

Device manager says
WIFI is Broadcom 802.11ac , driver is version 7.35.267.0
Bluetooth is Broadcom DW1560 Blouetooth 4.0 LE, driver is version 12.0.1.653

Dell says
Dell Wireless 1560 WiFi Driver 7.35.295.0, A01 27 Aug 2015
Dell Wireless 1560 Bluetooth Driver 12.0.1.653,A00 24 Jul 2015

It looks like there is a slightly newer wifi driver. Tried installing that and I get the error "No compatible hardware found".

Where do I find the version of Chipset drivers? Not seeing it.

Hybrid Sleep is off.
Wireless is set to maximum performance.

Tom

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

September 19th, 2015 20:00

You might manually set a System Restore point. Then uninstall WiFi and BT in Device Manager, and then reinstall the driver. Do them one at a time and reboot in between, in case something goes amiss.

Did you check the Logitech site to see if this mouse works with Win 10, and if there's any software you need to install for this mouse for Win 10?

You can go to the Intel site and grab their free scanner which will check to see if there are any updated drivers for your hardware.

36 Posts

September 20th, 2015 18:00

Logitech says the mouse works with Windows 10

I decided to call into Dell tech support today.  Was on the phone with a tech for 2 hours.  Still doesn't work.

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

September 20th, 2015 18:00

Did you/they try uninstalling and reinstalling the WiFI and BT drivers?

36 Posts

September 20th, 2015 19:00

We uninstalled / reinstalled the bluetooth drivers but not WiFi.

I just looked at the dell site and I'm having a little trouble deciding which available driver is the correct one.  The one that looks most correct is actually older than the one I have.  Is it possible they pulled a version because of a problem?

Mine is Broadcom 802.11ac , Network Adapter,   driver is version 7.35.267.0

The closest match on the dell site now is Broadcom Wireless- DW1560 Driver,  Version 6.30.223.262, A01

36 Posts

September 20th, 2015 20:00

My mistake, I had the wrong OS selected.  The driver that looks best is slightly newer.  Uninstalled the old driver, then tried installing the new driver.  Get the error message "No compatible hardware found".

10 Elder

• 

44.3K Posts

September 21st, 2015 10:00

Had a feeling you looked at the Win 7 drivers...

Given that error message, you might want to repost that issue on the Wireless forum. Seems to be bunches of WiFi issues caused by Win 10.

Be sure to mention PC model in your post over there...

121 Posts

September 21st, 2015 11:00

I have the XPS 9343 i7. Bought the Master MX mouse this works on BT and Unifying.

At first I was frustrated could not get the BT to work, I did not want to run a USB Hub for the dongle

So I found myself wrapped up in the situation to accept the Unifying Dongle. Logithec is useless when it comes to Tech Suppor. Took another look and the AAHA  momentt. Go to BT devices at the same time hold down the button on the mouse it will blink fast until its discovered when this happens your mouse will show on the scre

Your all set 

121 Posts

September 21st, 2015 18:00

If your mouse has what is called Dark field laser you should only use it on hard surfaces

36 Posts

September 21st, 2015 18:00

Had a feeling you looked at the Win 7 drivers...

Given that error message, you might want to repost that issue on the Wireless forum. Seems to be bunches of WiFi issues caused by Win 10.

Be sure to mention PC model in your post over there...

Ok thanks, I'll do that.
No Events found!