Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 12th, 2017 04:00

Drag & Drop, select long text using touchpad not worked

Hi, I cannot select long texts and drag and drop with the touchpad on my Inspiron 3458 laptop. Whenever I tap on the touchpad and try to move the cursor with another finger, the touchpad does not work and the cursor does not move. I can do this easily on my Macbook with one finger taps on the beginning of text and move with another finger to select or drag and drop. Would anyone tell me how to do this with Dell laptop? 

Thanks.

532 Posts

June 12th, 2017 10:00

Hi,

Welcome to our community.

You’ve reached the right department and we are here to assist you. Please refer to this link which has the steps to drag and drop a text on a Dell laptop.

Please let us know if the above given step helped you.

2 Posts

June 12th, 2017 22:00

Thanks, it has not been a problem using mouse to drag and drop but it does not work on the touchpad.

532 Posts

June 14th, 2017 09:00

Hi Mowind. Hope you are doing fine. With regards to the troubleshooting, the link shared contains troubleshooting steps for both Mouse and Touchpad. We request you to try the troubleshooting mentioned there and share the outcome.

August 8th, 2017 14:00

The link provided does not even address the question asked.  I have a new dell Inspiron and cannot select text AT ALL!

No Events found!