Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 20th, 2009 12:00

E6400 Touchpad Issue

I have a weird issue on an Latitude E6400. The touchpad is acting flaky in that in some places, the left click becomes the right click. For instance, to get into the Control Panel, I will click on Start and then Control Panel, but on this system when I left click on Control Panel, the right-click menu appears. I will then left click on the Open menu option and then I get into the Control Panel. This happens in numerous places. Also, in some windows, clicking on anything within the window causes the window to lose focus. I have updated both the driver and the BIOS to the most recent versions. XP, SP3...Any ideas?

1 Message

June 17th, 2009 19:00

Thats an odd one.  I found this post because I am also experiencing touchpad issues with my E6400 ... however I feel they are due to just poor construction of the hardware.  In the past I've owned several IBMs and by comparison this machine is not very precise.  The mouse tends to jump and hang - not consistent when moving.  I also have the latest drivers and BOIS to no avail.

As for your problem which is strange - I would suggest deleting the touchpad from device manager and reboot your machine.  It will "auto-detect" the hardware again and then reinstall a freshly downloaded copy of the latest driver  7.2.101.216 (at this time of this posting).

If that doesn't fix it I would suggest calling Dell support (dont do the chat option) and talking them into replacing the touchpad.  I am assuming your machine is under warranty.

Good luck !!!

No Events found!