Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 1st, 2014 19:00

E6410 not starting after upgrade to A16 bios

Hi,

I went and upgraded the bios in my E6410 from A05 through to A16 and selected the load defaults option in the A16 bios. As a result my laptop will not load Windows 7 any more, it comes up saying the load files have been damaged but isn't able to repair anything when it attempts to do so.

Any ideas on what I've done or how to fix it?

Thanks,

Neil

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

June 1st, 2014 21:00

Hi Nell,

I suggest that you shut the system down, remove the battery and disconnect the ac adapter, press and hold the power button for 20 to 30 seconds. Now connect only the ac adapter and wait for 30 seconds and turn on the system. This will drain any residual charge in the capacitors.

Also run diagnostics on the hardware components, restart the system and at the Dell logo tap the F12 key every two seconds. This will start the One-time boot menu. Using arrow keys select ‘Diagnostics’ and hit enter. Please reply to this post in case of any error message.

4 Posts

June 2nd, 2014 02:00

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately removing the battery and disconnecting the ac adapter process didn't work.

I also ran the diagnostics but it didn't show any errors. 

Upon trying to restart the laptop when Windows stopped loading it flashed something up on the screen but it was too fast to make out what it said.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

June 3rd, 2014 04:00

Hi nhamey,

I supect the moherboard is impacted. May I know if the Dell logo or if the Windows logo show up when tthe system is turned on.

June 22nd, 2014 02:00

Try to change the mode of the SATA drive from Raid on to any other mode and vice versa

No Events found!