Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 17th, 2013 19:00

E7440 Display Problems

Hi All, 

The IT department for my company has purchased multiple E7440s to test before deploying to the rest of the company. Unfortunately most of us are having issues when they are plugged into port replicators. 

After a brief search online it seems that we are not the only ones to experience these issues:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/dell-latitude-vostro-precision/718952-latitude-e7240-e7440-leaked-12.html

Is anyone else experiencing this 

AND is there a fix yet?

May 8th, 2014 14:00

Hi,

I have a fix for it. Go to BIOS then POST behaviour and change the mouse/touchpad selection just to PS2 boot your PC and it should work you can always change your selection back to default.

Let me know it didnt work.

Dhillon

1 Message

September 10th, 2014 14:00

I'm encountering it in a corporate environment on many laptops.  I tried to install that Synaptics firmware update and tells me "Product ID does not match, the firmware is for a different board".  They are all latitude E5440.

2 Posts

September 11th, 2014 08:00

Brian,

I saw your post and I work for Dell. If you aren't get resolution, please email me at jc_madrigal@dell.com and I will find a resource to help you out. I am not a technical resource but I can probably help

jc

1 Message

February 9th, 2015 08:00

Tried this. It seemed to work for about an hour before I got another screen reset. Unfortunately I'm using linux so I cannot try the updated driver that was provided. Really wish they would fix this issue.

1 Message

May 26th, 2015 12:00

I have similar issue with e7240.

on ac power

not docked

no external monitor

during the diagnostics testing the screen did a bit shift then wavered and displayed garbled screen then when white.

I tried closing the laptop and that reset the screen back to working

This issues repeats randomly after about 15 mins.

I opened up the pc and reseated the ram chips and am now running diag testing again to see if I can replicate the event again.

April 19th, 2016 09:00

Just posting my reply because the fix I found does not seem to be in this thread yet.

My issue was with a Latitude E7440. Never had any trouble with the internal LCD or in the dock with one external monitor connected via DVI port. The laptop worked like this for years like this without an issue. The trouble started when I added a second external monitor connected to the DisplayPort on the dock. Both external monitors would flicker and jiggle badly.

I updated the system BIOS to A17 and updated the Synaptics firmware but no change.

Next I updated the video driver but still no change (until I used the fix noted below).

The two external monitors I am using are identical. I noticed that the flicker would go away when they were set to a lower resolution than their native 1920x1080.

After playing some more, I was able to fix the problem by using the Intel display driver to set them to 60p Hz (progressive) instead of 60i Hz (interlaced).

I'm not sure if all the fixes I applied were necessary to resolve the issue, but I do know that the "p" options were not available in the Intel display driver until I updated the video driver.

Hope this helps somebody else -

1 Message

May 17th, 2016 16:00

We finally found the fix with the firmware update. However, does anyone know if this installation is capable of a silent install for mass deployment? (SynapticsHubFW_2.15.exe)

www.dell.com/.../DriversDetails;osCode=W864&fileId=3330366653&languageCode=en&categoryId=VI

No Events found!