Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 31st, 2015 20:00

E7450 keyboard backlight

Hi,

I  have a Latitude 7000 (E7450). The keyboard backlight doesn't work. I tried holding Fn key + right arrow key but nothing happens. I looked at every key but none of them have the backlight icon. Could you please tell me how to enable the backlight?

Thanks.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 5th, 2015 07:00

Hi Krate,

Did the backlight on the system work when you purchased it?

Also, Please private message us the system service tag and the region you are located so that I can check the system configuration and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

August 31st, 2015 21:00

Hi Krate,

Please boot into the BIOS (F2 during startup) and check for Keyboard Illumination & Keyboard Backlight with AC options under ‘System configuration’

Also, please check for Fn Lock Options under POST Behavior screen.

7 Posts

September 1st, 2015 19:00

Hi,

There's no such option under "system configuration" and Fn Lock is checked and in the Disable/Standard mode.

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

September 3rd, 2015 08:00

Hi Krate,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on your system to check for issue resolution. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, select the OS, then download the BIOS from BIOS section onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Then use Fn key + right arrow key to enable the backlight keyboard on the system.

7 Posts

September 3rd, 2015 17:00

Hello Ravi,

I updated the BIOS, but unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. Fn key + right arrow key didn't enable the backlight and in the BIOS there still no Keyboard Illumination & Keyboard Backlight with AC options under ‘System configuration’.

1 Message

September 30th, 2015 18:00

All you need to do is to press the Fn and the F10 key simultaneously. Enjoy!!

August 1st, 2016 01:00

Hi, I too am experiencing this problem. Updating the bios and Fn left/right/F10 do not work, nor does my service or express service tag seem to register in Dell Support.

I am in Oceania (Australia)

Regards,

1 Message

December 13th, 2017 03:00

I, Ravi.

I'm also having the very same issue with my e7450. I have followed the instructions you have given here but the backlight keyboard feature won't work. I have also private messaged you with my systems service tag and region.

No Events found!