Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 7th, 2016 06:00

E7470 hardware extensions

I just bought an all new Latitude E7470 with a touch-screen. My question is - can I use a pen on this screen and if yes - what is the recommended one. Another thing I'd like to know is if a Broadband Mobile module can be added on this model and again - what Dell recommends.

Thanks in advance.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 7th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

Thank you for writing to us!

To give you a more accurate information we would required you to private message the service and email address so that we can check the system specifications.

Thanks

Robin

7 Posts

November 7th, 2016 08:00

Thank you for the fast reply, but I don't see a way to PM you. Could you advise?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 7th, 2016 09:00

No, to using a pen (other than a stylus to use as you would your finger);  this is a touchscreen -- not a digitizer model.

There should be a PCIe slot and a slot for a mobile SIM card -- it's more important to find out what your service provider supports, since whatever hardware you buy must be compatible with their network as much as with the system.

7 Posts

November 7th, 2016 09:00

I don't see a way to PM you. Could you advise?

7 Posts

November 7th, 2016 12:00

Thank you and my apologies for the ambiguous wording. I am fully aware I cannot use a regular pen, so may be stylus is the right word here. I'd be glad if you recommend something compatible. Regarding the mobile broadband card, my question is actually if I can buy something and plug it somewhere on my laptop in order to connect to my mobile provider's GSM 4G network. My location is Europe.

Thanks again for your time.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 11th, 2016 07:00

Hi rdimov,

Kindly click on the link below which will give you all the support accessories for this model of the system.

Also note that the accessories may vary depending on the region.

Thanks

Robin

7 Posts

November 11th, 2016 07:00

Hi Robin-D,

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately, I don't see the link you mentioned.

Best,

Rumen

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 14th, 2016 02:00

Hi rdimov,

There could have been an issue .

Kindly check the link: www.dell.com/.../pd

Thanks

Robin

7 Posts

November 14th, 2016 08:00

I see E7470 is offerred with an Optional Mobile Broadband: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ X7 LTE (DW5811) (EMEA/APJ/ROW). Can it be installed on any system (as it is optional)?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 15th, 2016 02:00

Hi Rdimov,

This link will give you a detail of all the support accessories for the system as you wanted information on a supported stylus.

The drivers for the mobile broadband will be provided by the service provider that you choose.

Thanks

Robin

7 Posts

November 15th, 2016 04:00

Thank you, Robin. Do you mean the link you already provided or it sis missing in the message?

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 16th, 2016 02:00

Hi,

For the supported accessories you can check the link that is in the above post and for the mobile broadband driver you can check with your service provider.

Thanks

Robin

No Events found!