Highlighted
Inthedark001
1 Copper

Error code 0x000000d

Hi! Can someone help with me with a my Dell Inspiration 15 3000 Series? I have no idea what happened to it. It was Tuesday, I had just gotten home from a long trip, I went to plug in my iPhone to back it up on iTunes, it was fine, then I got tired and I took a nap and woke up to it saying:  

Recovery  

You re PC needs to be repaired.

The boot configuration data is missing some required information.  

File: \BCD

Error code: 0xc000000d

You ll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don not have any installation media(like a disk or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.  

It was completely fine before then! The only problem was that my kitten was playing during the trip and accidentally made it fall and when it landed to charger got bent a little. That was it though. I bent it back into place, plugged it in and it worked fine after that. Seriously it only acted up when I was asleep at home hours after that incident so I had no clue how it happened.

I saw a possible way to fix it in this video: 
https://youtu.be/81iXN-ENb8s

I've used my moms laptop to download windows 8.1 into a USB if that helps any. The problem, I can't get it to the screen in the video. I run the PC and it brings me to a Aptio Setup Utility. I go over to boot and the USB is listed as a boot option priority; [UEFI: USB Flash MemoryPMAP]  

I have Secure boot enable instead of Legacy Option Rom  

The most IMPORTANT thing about this is that I want to keep the content on my hard drive in tact!!! I do art (plus I play games like any teen) and I don't want to lose any of my drawings, pictures, references or important stuff like that. Does anyone know how to fix this? I tired researching as much as I can but alas I'm not smart enough and a little scared to mess anything up.

0 Kudos