Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 4th, 2015 13:00

Extended or Duplicate Display Problem

I have troubles when I connect an external display (LED TV or Projector). The set up function (Windows+p) doesn´t work. When I select an option (Duplicate Display or Extended Display), both screens (laptop and external) become black and the laptop doesn´t respond to any command. Only the mouse move on the displays, but there are not any application icon on any screen, there aren´t a "desktop". The funtion Windows+p dosen´t work either. It is necesary to restart the system.

¿Have any of you experiment the same issue?

¿Any suggestion?

1.8K Posts

April 7th, 2015 11:00

Hi,

You don't mention which Dell system you're using, but in general the Dell FN and F8 keys will manage display settings to external monitors or projectors.  Try that and see if it works.

If that doesn't work, try resetting the display properties on your monitors to the default setting.  (Your monitors should have an on screen system that will allow you to reset to factory defaults).  It could be that the resolution or refresh rates of those monitors are out of the range that the video card in your system can handle. 

This is especially true of TVs.   If you can give us more information on the model number and video card in your system, as well as the spec's on the TV that you're trying to connect to we can try to look up the documentation to see if its going to work or not.

Todd

No Events found!