Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

October 8th, 2017 21:00

FAN Speed utility for Dell Inspiron 5578

I want to know the Fan speed of the Dell inspiron 5578. I have used HW Monitor as well as Open Hardware Monitor but I am not getting the fan speed. I am looking at the CPU Fan speed as well system fan speed. I am not looking to modfiy the fan speed just check at what speed is it running. Can you please let me know which utility to use for this purpose?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. And Thanks in advance for this.

Have a nice day

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 10th, 2017 09:00

I know on the Alienware side that these applications will show fan speed data. Not sure about the other consumer lines. Did you test speedfan?

1 Rookie

• 

17 Posts

October 11th, 2017 20:00

I tried SpeedFan 4.52 and it did not work. The Fan Speed was not shown. The Temperature for CPU and Board was shown. but not the fan speed. Any other thing that I should try out?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

October 12th, 2017 07:00

Unknown. Perhaps this is just a limitation of our OEM BIOS or motherboard not allowing these apps to read it.

1 Rookie

• 

17 Posts

October 14th, 2017 21:00

If Dell utilized a motherboard which did not have the ability to give a reading of Fan speed, then it does not reflect good on Dell. Is there a dell utility which can give this information. Even the CPU Fan speed is not provided with any of the products that I tried, i.e. Hardware Monitor, Open Hardware Monitor and Speed Fan 4.52.

No Events found!