Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 20th, 2012 10:00

Faxing From Inspiron N7110

I have an Inspiron N7110, with Windows 7 installed.  I connect via wireless DSL Modem.  I need to send faxes periodically.  What's the best way to accomplish this, including set-up instructions?

85 Posts

June 20th, 2012 12:00

Hello Dennis AB,

Welcome to Dell community Forum,

Inspiron N7110 does not have an Internal Built in modem.

You may need to purchase an External Modem.

You can get it from Dell.com.

Here is a Link as well.

accessories.us.dell.com/.../productdetail.aspx

As far as the instructions are concerned.

You will get a Driver Discs along with the Modem you need to install it and then get the settings from your ISP and can setup the Modem.

88 Posts

August 11th, 2012 06:00

Look into a fax portal like docuharbor.com.  You don't need a modem with a fax portal but you will need a portable scanner (under a hundred bucks on ebay for one sheet letter sized scanner).  For about ten bucks a month you get a good number of pages and can store documents there too.  When a fax arrives you get an email and the incoming fax is stored as a pdf on your account.  You can also send a file directly to someone's email address this way and not have to worry about file size limitations via your ip provider's email.  I've been very happy with docuharbor but there are a number of others that provide the same service.  I like that I can get to any fax from anyplace and you can set up a toll free number for folks to fax to which saves them on long distance fax fees through the phone company.  

No Events found!