Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2013 18:00

Finger Print Reader not working properly on Windows 8.1 Pro - Vostro 5470

I am having problem with Finger print reader and Persona Software.

It was working well when i got the laptop with window 8.0 SL . It had only Chinese language so i upgraded it to windows 8.1 Pro. It (upgrade adviser)asked me to un install  the persona software. which i did. After upgrade completed, I installed the persona software back (6.2) then also  installed the update (6.2.1.309) and it was working perfect.

Then i installed the mSATA in my laptop and fresh installed the Windows 8.1 Pro . I installed the drivers in proper order. And installed the persona software 6.2 and the update. But Now strange thing is that persona software can not connect to sensor! when ever i want to use finger print reader with persona it says can't connect to finger print reader .

I have installed the latest driver from dell for the sensor and windows own finger print log in is working perfect. But its limited to windows login only.

I want to use the persona software because it can be used with websites and also with applications .

I have already tried the windows 8 version of drivers with or without compatibility option but no success!

Any one have Idea how to make this work ?

thanks! 

7 Posts

January 2nd, 2014 01:00

Has the same problem but my fingeprint not works at all.

I need only windows login, but I see my fingerprint only in device managment and nowhere. Can you help me?

1 Message

February 18th, 2014 19:00

Same problem for me

2 Posts

June 1st, 2014 16:00

Hi guys,

I encountered same problem yesterday.
I installed win 8.1 N,
installed driver  FPS_Validety_W81_A00_Setup-54XR1_ZPE.exe (32 MB)
then installed digital persona sw with update to version 6.2.1.309a
Digital persona SW doesn't recognize my fingerprint reader despite the fact that i can see reader in windows device manager.
Can somebody help?
Thanks

1 Message

September 16th, 2014 05:00

Hi All,

Same problem here.

I installed win 8.1 Pro

installed driver  FPS_Validety_W81_A00_Setup-54XR1_ZPE.exe (32 MB) 

then installed digital persona sw with update to version 6.2.1.309a 

The finger print sensor not connect.

But it is ok if using windows sign in option.

February 20th, 2015 07:00

me have this problum too

May 25th, 2015 17:00

Found out how to make it work, just enable compatibility mode and change the compatibility to windows 8 of the digitalpersona's  DPAgent.exe and dphostw.exe, you can do this via task manager and right clicking the apps related to digitalpersona and choosing properties then choose compatibility tab. if it still doesn't work, install the validity driver, but don't install it directly, just extract it and run the installer in compatibility also to windows 8. Restart your PC! cheers!

No Events found!