Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 6th, 2014 20:00

GPU on Alienware dead within 6 months

HEY GUYS,

I got a new Alienware laptop last December with the 780M Nvidia GPU. I do some heavy gaming during weekends and recently was concerned about temps reaching around 90 degrees C. I would give my laptop a break after 1-2 hours and always ensure there was enough space below for airflow and the fans, vents etc were clean.

Recently I started noticing that sometimes my Nvidia GPU would disappear from the Device Manager and come back on restart. I was even more concerned.

As it turned out today my GPU has gone kaput (its not detectable in BIOS). This is very disappointing indeed since the same thing had happened on my two previous XPS systems. Luckily, this time I am well within the warranty period since its been only 6 months!

What's the point of overpaying for a super expensive system if it busts out every six months? 

I actually wanted to post on the forums seeking some guidance on how to fix this issue. But given my previous 8 years of experience with Dell laptops this time I just gave up knowing that it's just gone...like always.

No Responses!
No Events found!