Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 10th, 2016 04:00

Gaming Laptop

Hi,

I am Tara Covell.

I have think to buy a good gaming monitor under $900. I like to playing online games regularly. So, would you tell me best gaming monitor which enhancing my gaming experience.

I have seen some articles. I see the Dell 15.6-Inch Gaming Laptop(6th Gen Intel Quad-Core i5-6300HQ Processor up to 3.2GHz, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M, Windows 10) under $900. 

So, tell me "it is good enough or not".

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 10th, 2016 06:00

As long as you realize that for under $1,000, you're going to be buying  a compromise between gaming and price, it's a decent system.  It will absolutely NOT allow you to play high-hardware-demand games without reducing the video settings -- the 960M is a capable chip but it's low-end these days where gaming is concerned.  

If you're looking for top-level gaming, double your budget for a notebook OR buy a desktop system.  $900 can buy or build a very capable gaming desktop with a very good 970 or 10xx GPU in it -- an order of magnitude better than any notebook available at that price point.

The rule of two still applies - a $900 notebook will give you the performance of a $450 desktop, or looked at the other way, you'll pay $1,800 or more for a notebook that gets you what a $900 desktop does.

No Events found!