Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 2nd, 2011 15:00

Getting a XPS 15 laptop from US via service tag transfer policy..Please guide

I am getting a XPS 15 laptop from US, In India will the warranty provided by Dell originally help??

Or I need to buy an international warranty??

Any idea how much does an international warranty cost for XPS 15 model??

And IMPORTANT query is that suppose I buy international warranty of 1 year, I get the laptop in India and then can I extend the warranty and take complete cover for 2years more before that international warranty expires.

Please guide.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

July 7th, 2011 17:00

If you have purchased the system in the United States you can try to fill out the International transfer of ownership form.  This should transfer the warranties that were purchased with the system in the US to their nearest equivalent in India.

Here is a link to the international transer of ownership form

support.dell.com/.../international_ownership_transfer_form1

TB

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

July 7th, 2011 18:00

You cannot however export the laptop to countries on the no no list. Pakistan would be one of the no no's as would be China. Exports to embargoed countries and those designated as supporting terrorist activities such as Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Northen Sudan, and Syria are even more restricted.

1 Message

April 23rd, 2016 11:00

But the DELL XPS 15 isn't available in india yet.will the service be provided even so?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 23rd, 2016 11:00

If the model is not sold in India, there is no option to transfer the warranty there - nor any support.  Any warranty issues/support would require a return to or contact with Dell support in the USA.

No Events found!