Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2016 14:00

Graphics artifacts? - 7970m failed

Ok. So i have had this issue and tried so many possible solutions and none have prevailed so maybe i need some confirmation if this is a hardware problem which i now think it is. The problem started on windows 10 which was fully functioning until one day i booted up and the boot screen had all these artifacts on it and it would not get past this screen only freeze there.i then tried safe mode which allowed me to get past this screen and there was also no artifacts i did notice however that the refresh rate had been changed from 60hz to 64hz (not sure if thats worth mentioning) from here i uninstalled the amd drivers via device manager and after a reboot i proceded to remove the catalyst after that the machine booted just fine but still had some issues. after reinstalling the drivers the problem was gone after another restart it came back so i thought this could possibly be windows 10 not working well with these drivers so i reinstalled win 7,got all my drivers and everything ran fine i even played a game perfectly but yet again after a reboot it would not get past the boot screen the only way it would is if i enabled vgasave.i have no idea on what to do as this is completely random,i have used this machine for years and generally keep it clean of dust etc.please if anyone could lend a hand it would be appreciated.

imageshack.us/.../pawYlM1Bj - picture of artifacts on boot and missing password bar?

No Responses!
No Events found!