Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 17th, 2016 01:00

HD 4400 graphics Displayport 1.2 support

Hello,

I recently started to experience problems with DP 1.2 support on my Latitude E5440 with Intel HD 4400 graphics. At firs the monitors failed to show image when I docked my laptop. Undocking and docking again would then resolve the issue. But after a few days it failed to show image no matter what. After long hours of troubleshooting with drivers and firmwares and updates etc I discowered  that disabling the DP 1.2 from my monitor enabled me to get image at least to one of my screens (diabling can only be done when there is an actual image on the screen?! :P )

As I have now come to an understanding through multiple support requests that it is actually something that is not supported under WIN 10 with my setup.

My WIN 10 is an update from WIN 7. Could this be the cause that it was working in first place? I cant confirm it because it was some time ago but I started to use the DP 1.2 option when I had already updated to WIN 10.

Does anyone have an idea of such similar cases or have I been privileged to use something that was not supposed to work in the first place?

My setup:

Dell Latitude E5440

WIN10 upgraded from WIN7

2x Dell U2414H monitors daisy chained

Dell dock

All the best,

Vahur

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 17th, 2016 11:00

vahur.kivaste,

You can click the link below for information troubleshooting and resolving the issue with the display port and the monitors.

How to configure three (3) displays on a Dell Latitude Portable with Intel HD 4x00 Graphics

November 18th, 2016 03:00

Hello

First of all, the link was broken ...

But, the article says nothing about DisplayPort 1.2 and daisy chain. It only describes the case, when all the monitors are connected to the dock separately. I used to run a system with 2 monitors daisy chained, so it clearly is possible but the question is why it stopped working or what have I (unintentionally) done that it stopped working.

All the best

Vahur

• 

16.7K Posts

November 18th, 2016 05:00

VAHUR.KIVASTE,

I have corrected the link in the above post. Below is another link that may provide information for you. The issue could very well be Windows 10 causing this to happen. There are so many issues on the internet with Windows updates.  You may want to re-configure the monitors. 

Configuring Latitude E5540 and E5440 systems for multiple (up to 3) displays

No Events found!