Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2014 19:00

HDMI port not working on Alienware m11 Netbook after Hard Drive replacement

My hard drive died (5 days after my  warranty expired) so I purchased a new one from Dell.  Replaced the drive and restored my Operating System with the Alienware Windows 7 - 64 bit DVD that I received with the Netbook.  Now it will not recognize my Dell SP2309W external monitor connected through HDMI (worked fine before hard drive death).  I have downloaded all of the drivers on Dell's site for the monitor - it says unzip files and run setup.  The files unzip but there is no Setup to run.  Downloaded the nVidia Notebook BETA Driver (NV), v.197.12, P03 and tried to install that, but the install fails.  Called Customer Support and they want $89.95 to help me with a Dell Netbook, a Dell Monitor, and the new Dell hard drive I just ordered because it is was about 7 days out of warranty.  I have spent days on Dell's website and cannot find any guidance as to why it is not being recognized nor can I find any drivers to install for it.

Any ideas?

25 Posts

July 15th, 2014 20:00

I know this is a longshot but you could try and download "Display Fusion" and see if that program recognizes the monitor then..

At the moment i cant think of to much driver wise.

No Events found!