Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 7th, 2012 12:00

HELP!?,Laptops dying! f8 Key and other user issue!

Hi Guys, not very technical with laptops but hoping some of you guys are. My sisters dell Inspiron 1545 has died practically. Im guessing has been hacked by some sort of malware. When the laptop laggingly loas theres nothing on the desktop and when i press the windows button nothing appears but all programs.
(Even when opening in safe mode) I thought i'd try resetting the laptop to factory settings although after tapping f8 to bring up the recovery partion and clicking on any might i add of the options...but when clicking repair my laptop (OPEN RESTORE TO FACTORY SETTINGS) it just comes up with an other user" screen of which nothing entered will pass. also theres a blue ease of access button in the bottom right.  Just wondering how i could get past this other user part on the recovery partion and why it might of happened.. Also i dont have the original dell recovery disks.. but how might i download the drivers on this working laptop and completely restore the other laptop.. Thankyou so much in advance. :) Oliver

3.2K Posts

If you have the Dell System restore ( not all Dells do ) you can use that and you will not need a install CD

]support.dell.com/.../detectos

You can request a replacement instalation cd here: support.dell.com/.../backupcd_form

I really wish i didnt need a restore disk.. but the problem lies with the fact that when i open the restore to factory settings on the dell.. a "other user" logon screen appears... and no way past it to access the restore to factory settings

3.2K Posts

February 7th, 2012 13:00

What happens when you log on to the "Other user"?

February 7th, 2012 13:00

I cant logon to the other user" ... theres no way of logging on to it... Just says domain does not exist :/

3.2K Posts

February 7th, 2012 14:00

Was this pc logging onto a domain??

3.2K Posts

Something is messed up on that restoration partition , , your best bet is the get the reinstallation and do a clean install.

no.. not before the problem of the other user.. then i manage from the mangled desktop to get onto control panel and made an administrative domain to see if that would appear instead of other user.. but still doesnt show.. and cant access factory restore x

No Events found!