Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 19th, 2012 15:00

HP printer driver install problem

Hi everybody, I am hoping that one or more of you nice people can come up with a solution to my problem
I am trying to install an HP printer driver(B109n) to a recently new Dell laptop(Inspiron 5040), when trying to run the driver from the supplied disc, it will not run the exe file it just spins and then stops.
When i download it from HP and try to install it this way, then it extracts the file to 100% and then thinks about it and then stops.
I then tried the install wiazrd which checks for the printer being used downloads the file, extracts it and then goes back to the beginning of the install wizard again This is getting very frustrating, I tried running it on my tosh laptop and it worked perfectly fine, so now I am stumped as I think it could be a problem with the Dell laptop. Any opinions would be most welcome

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 20th, 2012 10:00

This is not a Dell issue.

You have to run this as administrator and have the correct version of the Drivers 32 bit/64 bit for the version of windows.

HP Photosmart Wireless All-in-One Printer - B109n
HP Photosmart Wireless All-in-One Printer - B109n
Download or order available software and drivers for your product.
Having a problem with your product? Find your solution here.
Set up, install, and connect your product.
Learn how to use and maintain your product.
Get product specifications, warranty, supplies, parts and accessories.
Download your product's user guides and documentation

March 20th, 2012 13:00

Hi and thanks for the reply, however I have downloaded the 64 bit version and ran as an administrator. And still no luck, this also does not explain why it will not run from  the disc. I even ran the HP wizard which checks and downloads the correct driver for your system and this just downloads the file, extracts it and then stops!

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 20th, 2012 17:00

That is an HP issue not a Dell hardware Issue.  Dell Did not make the printer or the Driver CD or windows. 

if the drivers are not WHQL signed they will refuse to run or install unless you F8 boot diagnostic mode Disabling WHQL Signature Requirements.

Microsoft enforces a “Digital Signature Requirement” on all users of 64 bit version of Windows 7 and Vista. If you try to use any product driver that was not certified by Microsoft, you can still install it but Windows 7 - 64 bit won’t let you run the driver.

There are two ways to disable it:

Method 1.

Go to Start Menu and type "cmd.exe" in the Search Bar and press . (Remember you must be logged on as Administrator)

OR you can go to "All Programs", then "Accessories", right-click on "Command Prompt" and choose "Run as administrator".

1. Now type the following and press after each line:

bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

2. Restart your computer

3. This will disable your Windows 7 driver signing.

If this did NOT work for you, here is another way to disable Windows 7 driver signing.

Method 2.

1. During boot-up, continuously press to get to Advanced Boot Options. Note: On some systems, you need to first press to go into Boot Menu, then press to reach Advanced Boot Options.

2. When the menu appears, use the DOWN arrow key to scroll to “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement.”

3. Press .

4. Continue the boot process.

5. After your computer has completed the boot process, please install the drivers per the included instructions.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 20th, 2012 18:00

StevenHayhurst,

A stuck print job will not allow you to uninstall the printer.

First run Delete Print Jobs to remove any stuck print jobs from the queue.

Disconnect the printer.

Start, control panel, programs and features, your printer, uninstall.

Restart the computer. Make sure the printer was removed. Manual Printer Driver Removal

This should give you a clean start to install the printer.

Install the printer drivers first. If you have a diskk, with the computer online, insert the printer disk. It should install the drivers. It will state, the printer is not connected. Connect the printer at this time(powered on)

Remember virus programs and firewalls will block communications.

Rick

No Events found!