Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2013 07:00

Hard Drive Removal

I just received my M6700 laptop. I am trying to remove the primary hard drive and am having difficulties. I followed the instructions in the owners manual but the drive will not slide out of the drive bay.

I removed the four screws holding the drive and the one screw on the latch. I then slid the latch and tried to slide the drive out. I can get it to move a little and then there is quite a bit of resistance. If I continue to pull it it feels like there is a spring holding it in. The further I pull the more resistance I feel.

Its almost like the SATA connector is stuck to the back of the drive and I am bending the PCB on the laptop that is is connected to.

I can not see any way of looking inside to see whats hold the drive back without removing a lot of parts.

Do you have any suggestions?

1.3K Posts

January 31st, 2013 04:00

Hi SLAMMERS,

Please follow the instructions below and revert if you still have difficulties in removing the hard drive.

1) Remove the five screws securing the primary hard drive bracket in place.

2) Slide the battery release latch into the unlock position.

3) Remove the hard drive bracket from the system.

4) Use the scrbe to pry out the HDD from the bracket.

5) Remove the hard drive rubber from the Hard drive braket.

Also find the YouTube link below on hard drive removal.

http://bit.ly/WA5hxb

2 Posts

February 27th, 2017 08:00

I just removed the one in my M6800.  Had same issue.  Finally got it to break loose.  There was some tape stuck to the bottom of the bay and folded over also stuck to the hard drive.  It tore.  Not sure what it's purpose is.  Perhaps it was not installed correctly and thus folded over.  Anyone else experience this?

2 Posts

February 27th, 2017 08:00

I had the same problem on my M6800.  Finally got it to come out.  There was some tape holding it in.  Not sure what the purpose of this tape is.  Sadly support was little help.  Any one else seen this?

April 6th, 2017 03:00

For me the steel spring that should eject the disk was stuck to the drive bay.

No Events found!