Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 14th, 2012 07:00

Hard drive problems

Hello.

I have a Dell Inspiron for just over a year now and after Hard drive status check failed i got an error message that hard drive failure is imminent and i should back-up my files and replace my drive. I was wondering what the course of action should be and if warranty cover these sorts of problems?

I presume that the hard drive has been faulty since the beginning as i observed some performance troubles since day 1. When playing games or watching videos the computer would get stuck/laggy for a second or two with these weird noises coming from speakers, but since it was quite rare and didn't affect the performance or test results it didn't bother me.

Here is a screen shot of the scan -

http://imgur.com/YCLof

What should i do?

Thanks in advance!

1.1K Posts

October 14th, 2012 07:00

Hi Orlandoo,

I will recommend you to run the Dell diagnostics on your system to check the hardware functionality:

• Restart your system and keep tapping 'F12' as soon as the Dell logo appears.
  • Highlight 'Diagnostics' using down arrow key and press enter.
  • The diagnostics should begin.
  • The color bars may display. Press 'Y' when you see the color bars.
Please let me know if you get any error code; I will need the exact error code/error message.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Keep me posted. Please reply for any further questions.

No Events found!