Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

March 4th, 2017 04:00

Help with Registration DELL 15 gaming laptop

Hi Everyone,

Not sure where to go,  looks like chat is closed for the weekend and that's about the only time i got to contact DELL...  i am trying to register my laptop via the Dell Product Registration tool, just got this laptop a a week of so now and i fill out the whole thing and the software keeps telling me i need to type in my POSTAL CODE...  but it's there, i've tried CAPS, no caps,  spaces , dashes NOTHING works.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 4th, 2017 13:00

Are you registering it on the support site in the country of purchase/use?  If you're trying to register on the US website, that's not going to work if you're using other than a US zip code (which is all numbers - no alphabetics).

8 Posts

March 4th, 2017 17:00

i am using the app from my laptop which clearly indicates it's using canadian locations,  provinces , cities and postal code and not ZIP CODE.  this is getting extremely frustrating.

thank you for trying to help me though. i appreciate it.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 5th, 2017 03:00

You can also register the system online.

www.dell.com/.../retailregistration

8 Posts

March 5th, 2017 06:00

thank you , because once i added my "product" on their site under my account. it said my warrantee was expired which is NOT  i just purchased and got it...  thats why i am registrating it.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 5th, 2017 07:00

If you purchased a system at retail, registering should activate your warranty.  That said, if the system has been sitting for over a year - which it must have been if it shows an expired warranty -- you should contact your reseller.  Dell generally WILL NOT activate a warranty on a system that has been sitting for over a year.   And bear in mind that a lithium ion battery will not have benefitted from sitting that long - they begin aging at manufacture and you may well find the battery has more than half its useful life behind it.

No Events found!