Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 09-25-2016 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
Not applicable

Hooking Up A Dell Monitor To A Laptop

Hi, recently I bought a new Dell Laptop, I have a Dell Monitor that I had hooked up to my previous Dell Laptop, it was connected through VGA.  This laptop does not have VGA so I bought a Display Port to HDMI Cable to connect. it. When I hook them up, the computer does not recognize the monitor at all.  When I turn on the monitor it tells me there is no signal coming from your computer.  It also displays a message that it is entering Power Save mode.  Can anyone tell me why it is doing that?  Is there something I didn't do that I need to do?  Is the adapter bad and I just need to replace it?  Thank you for any suggestions you might have.

Reply (1)

Hi CMONTARIO,

What is the exact system model? What is the current OS installed on the system? What is the exact monitor model? Also send us a screenshot of device manager with display adapters expanded. And a picture of the display port to HDMI cable on both ends.

Based on your response, we shall advise further course of action.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor