Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

January 5th, 2014 09:00

Hover-Click Problem

How do I deactivate the hover-click feature on my brand new Dell Inspiron 15r?

I've tried everything, including un-checking the box in Control Panel/Ease of Access/Change How Your Mouse Works.

"Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse" is UNCHECKED.

Is this a setting in Dell's Touchpad utility, found in the system tray?  I've experimented with settings in this utility but nothing seems to have an effect on the constant hover-clicking. Also, the left touchpad button tends to operate in the DOWN position, when it is indeed NOT down. I end up selecting an entire range of objects or text while simply moving the cursor across the screen.

This is driving me mad, and making it very difficult to work with this particular laptop.

Can someone help me with this?  Can I simply uninstall the Dell Touchpad utility in Control Panel? 

Thank you.

10 Posts

July 9th, 2017 13:00

Microsoft has been asked this question many times on it forums. Representatives provide many answers, some involving doing a "clean boot." None of them work.  It's a bug in Windows 8.1.

That's why there are no answers here. There is no answer. And, the geeks at Microsoft probably think it's a cool feature, because they have no idea how real people use computers. So stop stressing over it and get used to it. Mic doesn't care, Dell can't fix it, and, as an ordinary human, you are low man on the totem pole.

No Events found!