Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 4th, 2013 02:00

How To Replace Battery in my XPS14z

My XPS14z has a failing battery. How do I get a replacement GENUINE Dell battery for it (L412Z, Battery Type V79YO)?

I have searched the Dell UK store and can't find one.

The only sellers elsewhere seem to be EBay sellers pretending to be UK sellers but based in China and selling fake batteries marked as Genuine.

Thanks for any leads.

NigelS

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

July 4th, 2013 03:00

Hi nrms,

The battery on Dell XPS L412z is factory replaceable unit you will need to contact our team at 0844-338-1000.

68 Posts

July 4th, 2013 04:00

Sending it back to the factory (in China???) is not an option as the laptop is in daily use as a business asset. I am well capable of replacing the battery myself (I already upgraded the HDD to an SSD so the battery is no more difficult).  That is why I am looking to buy the battery part. I would prefer a Genuine Dell part.

68 Posts

July 4th, 2013 06:00

I guess my next laptop will not be Dell

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 4th, 2013 06:00

If you want an OEM Dell battery, you will need to send the system to Dell for replacement - no, it doesn't go back to China, but Dell won't sell a battery for this system, since the battery is not considered user-replaceable.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 4th, 2013 09:00

You won't want this type of system (small ultraportable) from any manufacturer, if that's your criterion for purchase.  From Apple to Toshiba to Dell and in between, just about all these systems now have batteries that are not consumer-replaceable.

No Events found!