Highlighted
Grandpa2390
1 Nickel

How do I change the two finger scrolling speed

Jump to solution

Just received the XPS 13 9360 in the mail today. I am trying to figure out how to speed up the scrolling. I've been using a MacBook pro since 2011 and I am used to being able to scroll to the end of a page with one swipe. On this computer, I'll need wrist surgery after a month.

Everyone with other manufacturers seem to have ways of increasing the speed by opening up the software specific to the installed hardware, but Dell doesn't seem to have that. And the only scroll speed option that I can find in the mouse options is for a mouse, not a touchpad.

I really want this laptop to work. Please help me.

0 Kudos
15 Replies
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

RE: How do I change the two finger scrolling speed

Jump to solution

First- I'd suggest you check for latest windows updates are installed on the system. Please type Settings onto [Cortana] search box, click on Update & Security, and then Check for Updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required. If there's a update, please don't wait later, click on 'Restart Now'  to installed. Repeat process until all windows updates are installed on system.

LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution

Secondly - If the issue still occurred.....

Update the System Setup(BIOS). Please click on link below to safety install the latest BIOS version.

https://youtu.be/mWn9YfxtYBo

LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution

After you have updated the BIOS, I suggest you update the Chipset drivers individually or in correct (Installation) order. Please click on link below:

How to reinstall drivers in the correct order | Dell US

LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution

Or.....

Run the 'Guide Me' option which automatically update drivers for you. Please watch Dell video below and follow instructions to run the Guide Me option.

LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution

Lastly,

Please click on link below, hopefully it will be a help to you.

Dell XPS Trackpad "Deadzone" FIX (XPS 13, XPS 15, Inspiron ...

Grandpa2390
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

So I did all that yesterday, but I am still having issues. I have switched to using chrome because the scrolling is much better (scrolling is more important than smooth zooming)

The issue that I started having after that was the cursor getting stuck, and getting stuck in what appears to be a left click. And then when trying to scroll it zooms.

After banging my head against the wall, I came up with the idea to disable double tap and drag. My intuition is telling me that that is the culprit for the frozen mouse issue. Or even just the annoying zooming/app switching when trying to 2 finger scroll.

I am currently testing that theory. It seems to happen only in one app at a time. If it happens in chrome, I can alt-tab to a different application and the mouse becomes free until I switch back. Perhaps iet will freeze again, but it won't be as annoying.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Jump to solution
0 Kudos
Grandpa2390
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Before the thread is closed, please allow me some time to go through all of this and check everything. Thanks for your help Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Grandpa2390
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I did this. But the date next to the BIos in my system info has a different date. it is dated at 1/18/2017 while the one on the website is 1/26/2017. I started to download it, but it is the same file.

0 Kudos