Highlighted
2 Bronze

How do I file a complaint with Dell corporate headquarters?

I bought a Dell laptop from the original owners and Dell wont honor the warranty that still is in effect until 06/2015. I did everything that was asked of me to transfer the ownership and I keep getting blocked from every angle.The laptop worked great for a few month but then the screen starting having issues and nothing I tired would fix it. I then tried to reach out to Dell and after a 2 and half out wait in the CHAT room on the Dell's website.

i also tried the online transfer form as requested by the Dell tech and it was denied because the Previous company name did not match the one I supplied (which was give to me from the previous owner)

How can I file a complaint with Corporate?  I am already working on a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  Please help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
10 Diamond

RE: How do I file a complaint with Dell corporate headquarters?

The warranty covers the original purchaser only  until transfer is done - that needs to be done with verification of ownership by the current, registered owner.  You need to have the party from whom  you purchased the system find the original owners - otherwise, you have an orphan system and should return the system to the seller for a refund and walk away from the deal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

The previous owner is no longer an active member of Ebay and since it's been over 90 days, Ebay will do nothing to help. i do have e-mails from the orignal owner stating the unit was being sold to me with a full Dell warranty still valid.

Simply put, returning the item is not an option.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
10 Diamond

If so, you may be able to pursue the claim through EBay.

You have absolutely no warranty unless you can find the original owner's information to validate a transfer - that's not just Dell's policy, but is an industry standard.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I am going through the same problem.....

How do I file a complaint with Dell corporate headquarters?

0 Kudos