Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

November 1st, 2017 08:00

How much is the pressure sensitivity on Dell Inspiron 13 7373's digitizer panel?

If you, Dell, wanna sell the laptop with digitizer feature, at least you should, really should give us about its maximum pressure sensitivity supported.

I want to use 3rd party stylus like Wacom Bamboo Ink or Microsoft Surface Pen(2017). Both supports 4,096 pressure sensitivity and MPP(Microsoft Pen Protocol). Are they supported by the screen(digitizer panel) on Dell Inspiron 13 7373, with their original pressure sensitivity range(4,096) exactly?

9.4K Posts

November 1st, 2017 12:00

Hi alswg1994,

Thanks for posting.

Unfortunately the Inspiron 7373 has touchscreen  - not an active digitizer. So according to com the digitizer pen will not work with this model. You can use a standard capacitive stylus -- but not one designed for a pressure sensitive digitizer (which this system does not have.

7 Posts

November 1st, 2017 12:00

What are you talking about? You guys are selling this with Dell Active Pen(MPP digitizer with ?-level pressure sensitivity, please MARK THE SENSITIVITY LEVEL WHEN YOU SELL DIGITIZER THINGS) , advertising thousands pressure sensitivity. Also I know this thing can work with either Wacom Bamboo Ink or Surface Pen for Surface Pro 4 with some sensitivity.

Please, plz the members of Dell, if you wanna sell something, at least remember what you are going to sell.

9.4K Posts

November 2nd, 2017 05:00

Here is the compatibility of the Dell Active Pen:

http://dell.to/2zbG1Yy

Compatibility
This product is compatible with the following systems:

XPS 12 (9250)
Venue 10 Pro (5056)
Venue 8 Pro (5855)
Latitude 7275
Latitude 11 (5175)
Latitude 11 (5179)
Inspiron (7568) (FHD Only) 'wake up feature not available'
XPS 9365
Latitude 3189

The 7373 is not listed.

And checking the Wacom website, I don't see the 7373 listed either:  http://dell.to/2zd6zsf

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

November 2nd, 2017 06:00

ou guys are selling this with Dell Active Pen(MPP digitizer with ?-level pressure sensitivity, please MARK THE SENSITIVITY LEVEL WHEN YOU SELL DIGITIZER THINGS)

There was a thread some time ago asking the same question and I do not know if they ever got an answer.  I have looked everywhere I can but find no info as to pressure levels for that pen or computer-pen combination.

Information on the Dell site is not kept up to date.   When I was looking for a pen for my XPS 9365, it was also not shown as compatible with my system.  The online chat person stated the 556 was not compatible until I gave him the link to the sales page, which showed the pen as does your system.

All I might suggest is see if you can find an equivalent pen on the Wacom site and see what pressure levels it has.  I suppose it might be important that the description mentions writing but not drawing.

No Events found!