Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 26th, 2013 07:00

How to connect speakers to a Dell Inspiron?

I'm not very good at computing and would need help to connect two or four speakers to my Dell Inspiron and I don't know how to do. Are there anyone out there who would like to tell me - in a very simple way?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 26th, 2013 08:00

I'm not very good at computing and would need help to connect two or four speakers to my Dell Inspiron and I don't know how to do. Are there anyone out there who would like to tell me - in a very simple way?

Hello. Depends on your speaker's type of connection. If you have a 2 speaker system, or a 2.1 system (2 speakers plus a separate woofer), that has a single cable that terminates in a single standard 3.5 mm mini-plug, simply insert that plug into the headphone jack socket of the laptop.

In the Sound properties dialog, "Speakers" or "Speakers/Headphones" should be selected as the default playback device.

If your speakers have a cable that terminates in a usb plug, then insert it into a usb port and select the usb device to be the default playback device.

If your speakers have a cable that terminates in 2 RCA plugs then you need an adapterIf you need more information please describe your speakers in more detail, and include the full model name of your Inspiron laptop and its operating system.

If you have a 4speaker system, please say if it is a surround sound system or just normal stereo.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 27th, 2013 06:00

Hello. PLEASE tell me the full model name of your Inspiron laptop. I cannot tell you how to connect a 5.1 surround system unless you provide some basic information like that.

Also need to know some details about your speaker system. Does it have 3 cables with plugs at the end? If not please describe the connections on the speakers, or at least provide the model name and number of the speakers and I will look up the information.

6 Posts

September 27th, 2013 06:00

i have 5.1 surround sound system

6 Posts

September 29th, 2013 14:00

Thank you Jim for your interrest in my question. It seems to me that there is a need of great skills to make it work. To me it seems easier to buy a small separate radio with a disc facility.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 29th, 2013 15:00

You are welcome.

I'm sorry that it is so difficult for you to supply the model name of your laptop. On some models you can connect a 5.1 speaker system and on other models you cannot.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 17th, 2013 08:00

If you want to use the 5.1 surround, you're going to need a USB sound device (external) - you cannot use the internal sound chip to run a 5.1 speaker system on this model.

6 Posts

November 17th, 2013 08:00

laptop model - inspiron 15 3521

speakers - philips 5.1 multimedia speaker system. it has 3 jack input and 1 aux input

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 17th, 2013 10:00

Depends upon your expectations - you can get one for as little as $30 or as much as several hundred dollars depending on the fidelity you're looking for.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102035

6 Posts

November 17th, 2013 10:00

what's the price of the sound card? please tell me the sound device model.

6 Posts

November 17th, 2013 11:00

would the quality be  better than my inbuilt output?

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 17th, 2013 11:00

In general yes - particularly with a SoundBlaster or other mid-range device.

No Events found!