Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2016 23:00

I made a big MISTAKE choosing DELL

Hello,

I am a student currently pursuing my masters in Electrical Engineering here at a State University in California. A Laptop is the most integral and a very important tool for an engineering student. I used to have a different brand laptop which ran very well 2 years. After that, last year in April'2015 the hard disk of my laptop was crashed due to water damage and I had to buy a new laptop. I decided that I would go for a DELL laptop this time thinking that they were robust and would last long. I purchased DELL Inspiron 7568 2in1 Touch laptop for a hefty price. I thought it would yield twin benefit of a conventional laptop and that of a tablet. After a week of use I started experiencing some issues with the laptop which I later found out was known as ghost touch. I tried to install new drivers and looked for a solution on Youtube. The problem grew over and used to happen more frequently. After like one month of purchase I called the DELL customer support asking for help. They updated my BIOS and said to contact them if the problem persists. Again after one week I called them stating that I still face the same issue. They asked me to send my Laptop to a service center so that the technicians can take a look at the matter. As my Final Examination was coming over I decided to send the laptop in the Fall break. I called the Dell support and asked if they can send me a spare laptop as I had to work on a project in the Fall break, but I was denied. It took around two weeks to send them a box as they sent it to a wrong address in the first attempt. After so many calls and emails finally, I got my box and quickly sent it to the mentioned address for repair. I used to call them frequently to get the status of my repair. After around 15 days I was informed that they could not repair my laptop and would now send me a refurbished laptop with the same model. I was frustrated but was happy that now I would get a laptop which would work fine. I got the laptop after a week and it was working fine. One day while doing work on my Laptop everything freeze and heard a buzzing sound coming from my speakers. I had to manually switch OFF and turn On using the power button and thought that it would not happen again. After one day I again experienced the same problem. I called the Dell support and they updated my BIOS of the returned laptop. I thought ok now it will work fine. After a few days, I again started to experience the same issue. I was so *** off, I again called the Dell support and this time I was told that I have to send my laptop to the Dell service center as this problem cannot be resolved over the phone. I was so annoyed and angry that I wanted to throw this laptop into the garbage. But I am not that financially strong to afford a new laptop and I cannot live without a laptop due to the immense work and projects that we have to do in our studies. I again called them and asked if they can send me a spare laptop or a used laptop on which I can do my studies, but I was denied. How can I send my laptop for repair in the middle of a semester? I am living with this problem for the past 3 months and have lost a lot of work due to this. The laptop has frozen many times in the middle of my works, which results in starting them over again. My friends make fun of me saying that I invested so much money and got a machine which doesn't even work properly. And now I realize that yes it was my big mistake choosing DELL over other brands. I hope DELL authorities will look into this matter very seriously so that no one else faces the problem as I am facing right now. I will never choose DELL again in my life and will try to get rid of this laptop.

November 10th, 2016 01:00

We apologize for the trouble with the laptop. Please know that we do not want our customers to feel this way.

We will definitely assist you with the issue within our support boundaries after reviewing the case details.
Please share the system service tag or express service code through this private chat.
Click on my username select start conversation and send me the details. Please check this video to find service tag on the system using this link: http://dell.to/2fFjJBe

No Events found!