Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 19th, 2014 06:00

I need to know that my amd radeon hd 8730m GC is activated and working or not.

Hi guys,
i bought a new Dell inspiron 15 3251 with internal gc-Intel hd graphics 4000
                                                                            and AMD Radeon HD 8730m Graphic card
first i downloaded driver for intel graphics then i downloaded drivers for Radeon also
The thing i want to know is is it working or not please check out the following pics and conclude me  :emotion-1:

July 19th, 2014 11:00

Yes, AMD Radeon HD 8730m is present and working. With second generation and above Intel Core i series of processors, Intel introduces its graphics processor in the main processor (known as embedded graphics processor), hence computers equipped with such processors, with AMD or nVidia graphics card (known as discrete graphics processor/card), shows two different devices under Display adapters. Embbeded graphics card is for low performance graphics like Windows Aero effects. Discrete graphics card is for complex applications like games or CAD software.

With this scenario, a technology, Switchable Graphics, is available that allows you to switch between low performance and high performance graphics seamlessly. The following screenshots will be helpful:

Go to Desktop -> right click anywhere in plain area. You can see a menu like below:

Click on Configure Switchable Graphics. You can see a dialog like below:

'

Now, for any of the application you want to change the performance, select it -> click on the down arrow under Graphics Setting -> select High Performance (to use AMD graphics) or Low Performance (to use Intel graphics). Then click Apply to use the settings.

July 20th, 2014 09:00

Kindly install AMD Catalyst from the following link:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Select your model to download the AMD Catalyst drivers software. Install the drivers, restart the PC and the check. Kindly do not download beta releases as it is in test stage.

5 Posts

July 20th, 2014 08:00

And these were the three drivers available for my laptop in dell.com
I downloaded the last two drivers and left the first one,I need to Download the first one also?

5 Posts

July 20th, 2014 08:00

Check this out bro there is no such option

5 Posts

July 28th, 2014 06:00

Hello,
I downloaded the driver you said.But now more problems came.Check out the below pictures

5 Posts

July 28th, 2014 07:00

Hello,
I reinstalled my Intel graphic driver and restarted my system.Now everything is going on well.
Thanks for your help :emotion-1:

No Events found!