Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 11th, 2009 00:00

If any body know whta is Consumer IR in XPS 1640 (a small square in front of edge, at right side)

Hi all,

I have a Dell XPS 1640, and there is a small square in front of edge, at right side, I don't know what is it?

In Setup Guide booklet, in Page No. 22, It is show by digit 4 and explained:

Consumer IR: Allows certain software application to be controlled by the dell travel remote (an optional device that can be stored in the ExpressCard slot when not in use)

Can any help me what is it? What means "an optional device that can be stored in the ExpressCard slot when not in use"?

How work Consumer IR?

Thanks,

Nima

4 Posts

November 11th, 2009 01:00

Hi Nima,

My studio did not come with this travel remote either.  Travel remote is ideal for using with windows media player or media direct!

I found you can buy one surprisingly cheaply from online shops or auction sites.  :emotion-5:

The remote control should just work with out any setup.  It surprises me that the remote control is not included as standard with dell laptops.

4 Posts

November 11th, 2009 03:00

Hi Tagger,

Thanks for your soon reply :)

Meaning there is nothing tool behind of this small square? lol

Thanks,

Nima

16 Posts

November 11th, 2009 22:00

Back when Xps m1330/1530 first came out, it came with lots of additional items such as carrying case, leather cd case, cleaning micro fiber cloth, creative earphones, wire straps, etc... and the IR remote control was included regardless. But Xps systems now comes with NOTHING. What made dell downgrade so much. Even their customer service and the shipment of their new order are ridiculous... so many problems.

No Events found!