Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 20th, 2014 08:00

Inpiron 15R 5537 - Bad game performance or unability to Sleep/Hibernate?

This post is both a complaint and a call for a solution that is a real troubleshooter.

The problem is: After I've updated my notebook to Windows 8.1, I've noticed the screen wouldn't power back up from sleep. I instantly google'd for answers and I found out it would get fixed if I installed both latest Intel HD and AMD drivers. All set and done, problem was finally fixed, and everything appeared to work just fine... Until I installed Left 4 Dead 2 and tried to test it: The video performance was incredibly <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> . I was like "Jesus, it's only L4D2 and this graphic card can't handle even the menu scren!?". So I google'd it, because a HD 8850M that doesn't run a game as old as that isn't normal. My solution was: Install generic AMD drivers. And the problem was over. Not only that, I was able to play even Battlefield 4. But then I locked the computer and wasn't able to wake it back up... again...

Long story short: I'm pissed about it and I really wan't to know: Why the <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> did you guys put Intel HD Graphics and AMD HD Board altogether? If I have a <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> 8850M why the hell am I going to need a <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> Intel HD Graphics? If you guys had this brilliant idea, why aren't you able to develop a decent driver, one that enables the 8850M the high performance it can handle and put the Intel HD to handle whatever it is that it has to handle? and finally: If there is a solution to both the problems, which is it?

Thanks in advance for any help that is actually helpful.

An unsatisfied customer.

July 9th, 2014 13:00

Guys got the solution

I did this on my Inspiron 15R 5537 with AMD 8850M on Windows 8.1

1.Update the Bios version to A08 link : http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=6D4JN&fileId=3381798009&osCode=WB64A&productCode=inspiron-15r-5537&languageCode=EN&categoryId=BI

2.Uninstall display drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller in SAFE MODE

3.Install Intel Graphic Driver from Dell ver 10.18.10.3308 link : http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=Y3FHH&fileId=3321814127&osCode=WB64A&productCode=inspiron-15r-5537&languageCode=EN&categoryId=VI

and restart

4.Install Latest AMD Mobility Catalyst 14.4 from AMD support site link : http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064#amd-catalyst-packages

and restart

5.Open CMD as Admin and type "  powercfg -restoredefaultschemes  "

6.Download and Open AMDEnduroFix_DX9 and click apply Fix and restart link : https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwMfCsXwjEEeeEZKWFVpMzM2b28/edit

7.Enjoy.

no sleep/Hibernate problems and gaming performance is very good.

The name in Device Manger will be AMD R9 M265X but ignore it. Don't worry

December 26th, 2014 17:00

Dear thank you for sharing this useful info.

But i have facing a problem, i am not able to find AMDEnduroFix_DX9 at any website and also your given link because file was removed google drive.

Can you please help me out to find AMDEnduroFix_DX9 software.

Thanks in advance.

updated link for AMDEnduroFix_DX9  http://pan.baidu.com/wap/link?uk=1043531228&shareid=1668041078&third=0

click on the tab that says 39.48KB after opening the link

Copy and paste the link if it doesn't work directly

March 22nd, 2015 14:00

please i need this file

the link is not opening 

AMDEnduroFix_DX9

please give a frish link

16 Posts

January 20th, 2014 09:00

I'm having the same problem with the same laptop.

With Dell drivers, newer games are unplayable.

With AMD generic driver, everything is playable even at max, but when entering sleep mode, the laptop freezes.

Guess we'll have to wait for an updated AMD driver by Dell, the question is when it will be released... the current one is made in October 2013! -.-

8 Posts

January 22nd, 2014 07:00

Hi , 

Please check the Power mode on this case . 

As if it is selected to the normal mode then this issue may occur . 

So just change the mode by just going to Power Management and select the mode to High Performance and then change the system settings accordingly ., 

Try one more thing , just ran Windows Experience Index once and reboot the machine ., 

In order to run it , just right click on Computer and go to properties and click on Windows Experience Index . 

Hoping it will fix all your issues . 

Reply if faces any other issues . 

16 Posts

January 22nd, 2014 09:00

Hey,

I've set the Power Management mode to High Performance, set the Global Switchable Graphics settings to Maximize Performance when AC cable plugged in, and set the game .exes in Switchable Graphics to utilize the AMD dgpu - the problem is still present for me.

Also, there is no Windows Experience index in Windows 8.1... :)

Any other ideas?

EDIT: found out that you can still run WinSAT on 8.1 by opening an admin cmd and typing in "winsat prepop" (or just download Winaero WEI Tool), so I ran it and restarted the system as you suggested - problem is still present for me.

17 Posts

January 22nd, 2014 20:00

I am having exactly the same problem with my Inspiron 17R with an AMD 8870M. Every time I want to play a game I'm going into Device manager, installing the AMD generic mobility driver, then when finished re-installing the Dell driver just so I can put my laptop back to sleep. 

I'm sure like many others, the only reason I purchased this laptop was for the 8870M and its ability to play games. Really need Dell to release some better drivers.

3 Posts

January 22nd, 2014 21:00

As visible, admins had the time to censor my already censored words. How aborto answering too? That's the least you could do.

Regardlessly, support chat told me ir was compatibility issues between Win 8.1 and AMD Mobility drivers. All we can do is wait til they get this fixed.

Go on Dell, we've been waiting for it for 3 months now!

16 Posts

January 23rd, 2014 02:00

It's not only Win 8.1... on Windows 7 the same "compatibility issues occur" (I was hoping that at least a five year old system wouldn't face compatibility issues, but oh well) :) I haven't tried it on Windows 8, didn't wanted to waste my time more.

8 Posts

January 27th, 2014 15:00

I also have the same issue with the same laptop.

With the dell graphics, switchable graphics seem not to work correctly, as for example gpu-z will show only activity of the intel hd gpu when executing a 3D application, even if this application is assigned to "high performance".

And yes, the AMD driver 13.12 fixes this, but ruins the standby / sleep mode.

Dell, please hurry up with a fixed driver.

3 Posts

February 5th, 2014 13:00

I found the solution in an older topic. I could not believe it works. Now I know where the problem is.

!!! LATEST VERSION INTEL VIDEO DRIVER (10.18.10.3308, A01) NOT WORKS WITH LATEST AMD DRIVER (13.151.0.0, A00) - THIS IS A PROBLEM FOR WHICH HD8850M DOES NOT WORK!!!!

Here is my modified instructions from Perrygogas:

1. Upgrade BIOS to A06.

2. Download (do not install yet) the drivers for Windows 8.1 from DELL's site (not from the manufacturers) for Chipset x 2 and Display x 2. These are the ones in the attached image. All drivers are the latest version expect for Intel video driver - you must download PREVIOUS VERSION (10.18.10.3277,A00), which works perfectly.

3. Uninstall Intel video driver and all AMD Catalyst software. You can use "Display Driver Uninstaller" in SAFE MODE - it is really good, simple and free program.

4. Restart Notebook.

5. Install all drivers EXCEPT the one for VIDEO_AMD - the first one in the image above.

6. Restart Notebook.

7. Check if the AMD device is still uninstalled (in Programs and Features) if not go to step 3.

8. Install the driver "Video_AMD....". This is the driver for AMD Radeon 8800M and above the first one in the image.

9. Restart Notebook.

10. AMD graphic should works now.

8 Posts

February 7th, 2014 14:00

@Gfreivasc: Did nondrak8's solution work for you?

8 Posts

Good to hear that I'm not the only one, but very disappointing of course...

Have you spoken to Dell on this issue?

16 Posts

I also followed his instructions and it didn't work for me.

Tried it more than once with the stated drivers but nothing changed.

8 Posts

I followed the instructions of nondrak8, but I still have the same issue

Driver versions given in the device manager after his procedure are 10.18.10.3277 for Intel HD and 13.151.0.0 for AMD Radeon 8850M, so this should be OK. Still, I cant get the Radeon card to work.

It can't be the hardware, since the amd driver works (for 3D acceleration at least, no sleep mode...)

No Events found!