Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 24th, 2016 10:00

Inspirion n4010 error code 0146 & format my full system.

I have Inspirion N40010 model. When i run diagnostic test i found error code 0146; how can i solve this error without changing my harddisk?

Also i want to know how can i format my full system (not only c drive)? 

I tried to format my system through dvd which i maked by Dell data safe local backup but after the whole process i found that only c drive is formated. But i want to format whole system and make new partition. My system preloded with original windows 7 home basis.

2K Posts

November 24th, 2016 14:00

Hi S59,

The 0146 is a HDD related error - see this link - http://dell.to/1IuETMX

Assuming you are running psa and have access to Dell 32 bit diagnostics, kindly run a custom test with extended / thorough test on the HDD to check for possible errors.

Whilst you could continue using the system with a HDD diagnosed with 0146 error, I would suggest you to backup all important data.

To format the entire HDD, you would need to use the OS media - Windows OS media and not the Dell factory image. During installation, you would need to perform a clean install and there would be an option to delete and format all available partitions.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your Name for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!