Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2014 06:00

Inspiron 11 3000 Series 2-in-1 No Boot Device Found

Just received my Inspiron 3000 2-in-1 and when I turned it on for the first time I got the No Boot Device found error. 

The laptop turns on and goes through the Dell logo and the progress bar, but after that it's a black screen with the message No Boot Device Found, Press any key to restart.

I ran diagnostics and there are no errors. Anything I can try before I call support. Thanks

4 Operator

• 

159 Posts

July 11th, 2014 07:00

HI RAYRAMON,

If Windows 8.1 is installed in the computer, please follow the below mentioned steps:

1. Restart / Power on the computer.
  2. At the first text on the screen or when the Dell logo appears, tap <F2> until the message Entering Setup appears.
  3. Boot Mode will be listed under Boot.
  4. Select UEFI using the arrow keys to navigate and press enter.( Check if it is ON)
  5. Turn off Legacy Boot
  6. Save and Exit the System Setup.
  7. Check if the system is booting normally.

Please post the results.

2 Posts

July 11th, 2014 11:00

I did as you instructed and no change.

4 Operator

• 

159 Posts

July 15th, 2014 03:00

Hi Ray,

You may try loading the BIOS to defaults, go to F2 , press the F9 and then press F10 save and exit.

Do revert if this helped.

1 Message

July 31st, 2014 20:00

I think I executed your instructions to a "t"... Either way, it started up and I'm in!  Thanks

4 Posts

February 17th, 2015 19:00

Geoffrey - I had the same Boot problem "out of the box".  I contacted Dell and after walking me through testing, they sent me a Dell OS Recovery and Restore Key.  Since receipt, I have restored 5 times, ran the full ePSA Test (all tests passed) and repeated for @ 3 weeks and nothing seemed to work.  I was going to buy some lighter fluid and set my LT on fire.  My last try on the Forum caught your suggestions.  The first didn't work, but the simple BIOS reset and save worked!  You are now my Dell Guru.  The boot problem according to several forums is almost commonplace - this little hint may resolve all of us who are a bit retarded!  Thanks so much!

1 Message

February 20th, 2015 07:00

Geoffrey - I had same "no bootable devices" problem, and I did all your recommendation to make my Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series work however, failed. What more I can do? 

November 22nd, 2015 14:00

Hi! I have tried that mutiple times, but it still is not working! What should I do?

No Events found!