Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2015 13:00

Inspiron 11 3000 - black screen after login

Hi!  I have a month old Dell Inspiron 11 3000 that the screen goes black after I login to windows 8.   You can see the white mouse icon and move it.  It attached to a monitor- that mirrors the black screen.   What do I do?   Thanks so much

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

January 28th, 2015 20:00

Hi Jmichaelstar,

Please perform the steps mentioned below for issue resolution.

1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del on the keyboard while on the black screen

2. Opens the Lock screen

3.Select Task manager  and Click on More details on bottom left corner of the task manager Window to see the Menu Bar and File option, Click on File and Click New task  and type in Appwiz.cpl to open up the add/ remove programs

. In case the task manager does not come up Skip to Next Step

4. Restart the machine and go back to the User login screen then Hold down the Shift key and click on the power button at the bottom right hand corner and click on Restart while holding down the key

5. You will see the recovery options, let the Shift key go, then you can choose to see advanced repair options Troubleshoot select Advanced Options Windows Startup Settings Finally hit the Restart button highlight the safe mode with networking and hit enter

6. In the Add/ remove programs , look for “Search protect” and uninstall the software and go to the IE Settings and change the home page from Search protect to the one that the customer had earlier  and Reboot the PC to confirm Resolution.

Please let me know if this helps.

2 Posts

February 20th, 2015 08:00

Search protect has been a problem for many years and now google trends show it is on the rise, how come.

Conduit (its creator) should be closed once and for all time.

To be safe from malware like this, it is good to have malwarebytes or adwcleaner, both are free.

About search protect by conduit - http://soft2secure.com/knowledgebase/search-protect-conduit

1 Message

March 4th, 2015 14:00

Ravi,

I have exactly the same issue. Since I am not getting the login screen I followed Step 4. Was able to get to Troubleshoot -> Advancements but this takes me to a Windows command prompt. Not sure how to proceed from there. 

Please help

Bali

June 27th, 2015 19:00

i have the same problem that Jmichaelstar has, but when i tried the step 6, I didn't find "search protect", nor in software or in IE settings, so i dont know what to do now. i would appreciate if you could help me. i get the task manager.

1 Message

February 25th, 2016 04:00

I have opened the add/remove program. What to do next?

No Events found!