Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2017 18:00

Inspiron 11 no boot device found

I've been having this issue for a few days now, ever since my laptop had a bit of a fall. When I would try booting up, it tells me no boot device is found, and it seems to be a common issue that doesn't get answered. I tried checking the hard drive and swapping it out but the same problem occurred, however when i ran diagnostics after swapping, it didn't detect an issue, while before it told me the boot device was not installed.

I need help on this issue, all of the support pages are literally just talking me in circles.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

June 27th, 2017 05:00

Run the extended - not just the quick - diagnostics on the hard drive.  F12 at powerup -- let the diagnostics run, and then boot to the 32-bit environment and run an extended test on the drive.  You'll likely find bad sectors - meaning the drive needs to be replaced.

3 Posts

June 27th, 2017 08:00

The drive has been replaced, but I'm having the same issue so far.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 27th, 2017 13:00

After you installed the new drive, you tried to boot into the Windows 10 Installation Media ?

Also, is the new drive detected in the BIOS ? It should be listed under the main tab and by Fixed HDD?

Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10:

How about under boot tab ? UEFI and Secure boot are enable? Do you see Windows Boot Manager and the two Onboard NIC? 

3 Posts

June 27th, 2017 17:00

I'm not seeing a section for fixed HDD, or onboard NIC.

How do I add an image on mobile?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

June 27th, 2017 18:00

What type of cell phone is it ? You're able to get into the BIOS ? By the way, what the exact Dell model number and version of windows. Ex: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10

No Events found!