Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

November 2nd, 2017 11:00

Inspiron 13 7370 USB Port Issue

I have a brand new Inspiron 13 7000 (7370).

The USB port on the right side doesn't work properly.  The USB ports (USB A and USB C) on the left side work fine.

The port on the right side works if I plug in a USB 2.0 device, such as a receiver for a wireless mouse or a micro SD to USB adapter, or an external Dell USB DVD drive.

If I plug in a USB 3.0 device, Windows usually recognizes the device, but once I try to start using it it hangs.  For example, if I connect a USB 3.0 flash drive in the right port I can see the drive and browse files, but if I try to transfer files to or from the drive, the transfer either sits at 0% or transfers very slowly (0 to 5 MB per second).  The same happens when using USB 3.0 external hard drives (I've tried two separate ones).  Occasionally, Windows will not recognize a device in the right USB port, or Windows Explorer will show the attached device connecting and disconnecting repeatedly.

If I use that same USB 3.0 flash drive or the same USB 3.0 external hard drives in the left USB port, everything works fine and files transfer quickly.

My drivers are up to date and Windows 10 is up to date.  I've tried the USB diagnostic tool and it all it does is ask you if the connected USB devices are connected.  They do show up as connected.

To me this seems like a hardware issue wither with the USB 3.0 port or the I/O board on the right side of the laptop.  What can I do to get this repaired?  This is a brand new laptop that was delivered two days ago.

1 Rookie

• 

30 Posts

November 2nd, 2017 12:00

After chatting with support, it looks like we're going to replace the I/O board.  Hopefully this resolves the issue.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

November 3rd, 2017 05:00

Thank you for your message. The frequent disconnection seems to be an issue with the hardware.

Glad to know that you are getting assistance on this.  Feel free to reach out to us if you need any assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

No Events found!