Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 3rd, 2012 04:00

Inspiron 1464 Bluetooth not working. Also Overheating

I used to have a working Bluetooth. I didn't use it for sometime and then now it can't be found either in the Device Manager or by the driver installation file I downloaded from the Dell Support Website. I hope the chip didn't vanish into thin air somehow:emotion-2: I checked in the Bios and everything is enabled.

My laptop is also overheating, not noticeable in the winter but quite a few unexpected shutdowns in the summer. I read on the internet that I should get a can of compressed air and blow out the fan. But then all the tutorials are for desktop computers and there is no sequence detailed in the Dell Manuals either. The closest I can find was removing the processor heat sink. Will that be fine?  

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 3rd, 2012 08:00

Flagsfly,

Places to look to see if your Bluetooth Connection is enabled

Try reading...

Bluetooth connection and pairing

Rick

10 Posts

July 6th, 2012 01:00

The problem is, the system won't detect the bluetooth module in the laptop. No mention in the device manager or anything. It is enabled in the BIOS. I took apart my laptop today and verified that a bluetooth chip that matches the description is attached to my system board. I unscrewed it took it off and put it back on, as some people suggested that it is a connection problem. After I booted up again still nothing happened. I'm still faced with the same issue.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 6th, 2012 04:00

Flagsfly,

Did you install/reinstall the operating system recently?

Rick

10 Posts

July 6th, 2012 05:00

Not recently but my bluetooth did disappear after I reinstalled my system. Its just I just gout around to it.

No Events found!