Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 8th, 2016 07:00

Inspiron 15 3452 not charging

Just a quick note, I have checked if it's actually plugged in and I have tried it at many wall points.

So my Inspiron 3452 is not charging and when the AC adaptor is plugged into the laptop, the green indicator light extinguishes and doesn't charge any other Laptops that take the same adapter (Tried with another Inspiron 15). The laptop also flat out refuses to boot without the battery when plugged into the wall.

Kind regards,

mclemow 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

April 8th, 2016 09:00

:emotion-2:

I like to suggest you check the status of the AC adapter in the BIOS:

1. Power off the computer, connect AC adapter into computer and wall socket

2. Power on computer, quickly tap the F2 key continuously. You should be the BIOS

Look for the AC adapter in the Main screen, if the adapter type says Unknown or None then you'll need a new AC adapter. 

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

April 8th, 2016 17:00

Thanks for your answer!
However as I said in the question, the AC adapter charges another Dell laptop fine. Should I still look into the adapter line as the issue?

2K Posts

April 10th, 2016 06:00

Hi ZIPPCALCULATOR,

Please confirm the issue as your last post on the thread contradicts with your first post.

Does this adapter work fine on another machine? Have you tried another adapter on this machine? Is the adapter frayed? Does the adapter stay in firm when connected to the system or does it fall off easily?

Please restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with and without the adapter connected. Also wiggle the adapter jack at the end while it is connected to the system and check if the adapter status changes at any point?

If the light on the adapter stays on and is stable and does not charge this machine or another machine, then the adapter is at fault and needs to be replaced.

If the light on the adapter goes off when connected to this system only, then the dc port or the motherboard might be causing this issue.

If the system is under warranty, then contact us via Twitter - @dellcares for faster communication. If there is no warranty, then we can help with a paid service call if required.

I would suggest to replace the dc port first and if the issue not resolved, then replace the motherboard.

Keep us updated.

No Events found!