Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 18th, 2017 21:00

Inspiron 15-3543 broken USB port

I have three USB ports on my Inspiron 15-3543, two on the left side and one on the right side. From what I can see in the service manual for this model that port is part of the I/O Board orr at least that is what it looks like to me. My question is how can I make the repair for this piece of hard ware. I can not find a I/O Board any where for sale. Is it possible to just replace the USB port or do I need to replace the bard. Next question where can I get the replacement part(s) to make this repair? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob H.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

February 19th, 2017 03:00

The board needs to be replaced.  If you can't find it anywhere else, call Dell Spare Parts:

If you're in the US, 1-800-357-3355

If outside the US, call your local Dell office and ask for "Spare Parts"

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

February 22nd, 2017 09:00

Hi Bob,

The left USB ports on the Dell inspiron 3543 are a part of the system board and the right USB port is on the I/O Board. As suggested by ejn63 were you able to reach out to spare parts team for procuring the part. 

February 22nd, 2017 18:00

I was looking for an"I/O board" which I could not find at any suppliers sites. Then I tried to do a search for a usb adapter on Ebay and found just what I was looking for. In fact I ordered two just to make sure. Thanks for you help.

No Events found!