Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 13th, 2016 13:00

Inspiron 15 5578 (Core i7 7th Gen) Screen Issue

Hello, everyone

I have a brand new Inspiron 5578 and for some reason I've been experiencing some screen scrambling. Sometimes it happens on the whole screen or just covers some part of it on the right side.

I tried to solve this problem by updating my Intel HD Graphics driver and BIOS. That didn't help, unfortunately.

I also ran the LCD BIST a couple of times, couldn't find any problem with the screen.

Maybe, somebody else here have experienced the same problem? What can you suggest here?

Edit: I forgot to mention that the screen starts flickering under load, and the flickering in not constant. In other cases display works perfectly. I usually fix it by closing and opening the lid, but it's a temporary workaround.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

November 15th, 2016 11:00

Alright, I did everything as you asked. It seems that the problem happens only when I watch YouTube in fullscreen on Opera. I tried Chrome and everything seems fine. For some reason WebGL also doesn't work on Opera, but the browser supports it. Looks like I'll have to change my browser.

Thank you for your help.

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

November 13th, 2016 13:00

Brand -new defective systems are best replaced - contact Dell to start the return process and have the DOA system replaced with a new unit.

November 15th, 2016 00:00

Greetings,

Thank you for writing us.

Share the docking station model to share the compatible adapter. Start the system and keep tapping f2 to boot to BIOS.
Confirm if the issue persists on any application and on external monitor.
Restart the system in safe mode. Let us know if issue perists.

November 18th, 2016 04:00

Greetings,

Reinstalling Flash, disable hardware acceleration.

Disable all your extensions as see if that fixes it. If it does then re-enable them one at a

time and check the youtube video.

5 Posts

May 29th, 2017 03:00

Hi,

I have the same problem. Did you found a solution for this. I can't find any help for that.

Thank you

No Events found!