Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 4th, 2017 23:00

Inspiron 15-7579 - Active stylus?

When the latest Windows 10 Update came out, the Tips showed using a stylus to write and some other creative things. This isn't a normal stylus. I have looked all over for one that is compatible with Inspiron 15-7579 2-in1, and resembles what I am seeing.  I have yet to find it.

Any ideas?
Thanks! ~ TL

(I posted this over over on the Alienware club, with no replies.Think it was the wrong place to post?)

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 5th, 2017 04:00

There isn't an active stylus (the type that supports pressure sensitivity) for this system.  For that you need a screen with an active digitizer -- of which there are not many in the 15" size class.

The Inspiron 7568 had that option but sold in a higher price class.

You can use a passive capacitive stylus on the system you have -- just don't expect it to perform the way an active stylus does.

7 Posts

May 5th, 2017 09:00

Why does that look nothing like what the Windows Tip shows as being used? Is the Tip just showing what could be used if I had had the right computer? :(

8 Wizard

• 

17K Posts

May 6th, 2017 15:00

The Inspiron 7568 had that option but sold in a higher price class.

Strange they dropped it (even as an option) on a higher number model.

Not what OP is looking for, but as an aside ... (active) Pencil works real nice on iPad Pro.

7 Posts

May 10th, 2017 08:00

Yes, that is strange that they dropped it on the higher number model! That is what I had seen when I was researching it. So I am disappointed that I can't use one on this one. In fact if it hadn't been so long since I bought this one (45 days) I would be returning it for one that one would work on! :( Oh well. Next time.

Thanks y'all for the answers!

40 Posts

November 1st, 2017 21:00

I have a 7579. I was told the PN338M pen would work with my system by Dell tech support on the phone. I have not bought one yet. Not sure when I'd use it. Do not use the touch screen much. But would love some ideas if anyone wants to share. thanks

www.dell.com/.../handhelds-tablet-pcs

No Events found!