Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 22nd, 2013 18:00

Inspiron 1521 Screen not Turning On

I have a Dell Inspiron 1521, the computer will turn on, and all the lights will flash, however nothing comes up on the screen. I have tried taking out the battery and holding down the power for 20+ seconds several times but that does not work, I have tried swapping out RAM sticks to see if that is an issue, I have tried taking a bright light to the screen to see if the inverter is shot, but there is no picture whatsoever. I fear that the Video card or motherboard may be bad, is there any further troubleshooting steps I can take to pin point the issue, or resolve it all together. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

12 Posts

July 22nd, 2013 20:00

Unfortunately the computer is no longer under warranty, also I tried plugging in an external monitor but that did not help either, so does that narrow it down to the video card?

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

July 22nd, 2013 20:00

Hi Ringer77,

Thank you for trying out so many things to fix the issue. There is a possibility that the LCD screen or the motherboard might have failed. To check the same request you to try connecting an external monitor and check if it works.

If it works on an external monitor then the motherboard is failed.

You may use the below link and check the warranty status:

http://dell.to/12Bz4Il

If the computer is out of warranty you may contact the out of warranty repairs team on 18002884410 (U.S only).

However, if it is in warranty do send me the system service tag via private message. I will check and see what can be done.

To send a private message, click on my user name and select start conversation.

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

July 23rd, 2013 01:00

Hi Ringer77,

There is possibility that the motherboard might have failed. Request you to contact the out of warranty repairs team and they can help you further.

12 Posts

July 24th, 2013 19:00

Well I called the line and was transferred several times. They told me that I have to find a local technician to look at the problem...

4 Operator

• 

2K Posts

July 25th, 2013 00:00

Hi Ringer77,

Sorry about the experience you went through. The system seems to be old so due to non-availability of parts they might have referred you to a local technician.

No Events found!