Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 4th, 2009 09:00

Inspiron 1525 Media Keys how to enable?

Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum, but how does one enable the multimedia keys on the 1525?, cannot find anything on the lappy about it.

Reg

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 4th, 2009 09:00

I'm not sure but you might need to enable or install Dell Quickset. Look on the taskbar and see if you have the Dell Quickset icon there. It's in the shape of a blue Q with a yellow tail sticking out of it. Click the icon and uncheck 'disable onscreen volume meter.' (On some versions you must right click it.)

If the icon is missing look under Start/All Programs and see if you have the Dell Quickset program. Follow the arrow to the word 'Quickset' and click on it and the 'Q' icon should appear on the taskbar.

If you don't have the Quickset program you can download it from the 1525 downloads page under 'Applications'. (But use the dropdown box there to choose your operating system first.)

Quickset's main function is to start the power management wizard; however, clicking the icon lets you enable or disable the Fn keys for volume and screen brightness, and it is necessary for Media Direct to function.

May 4th, 2009 16:00

Thanks Jim, I do have the Icon but clicking on it brings up many settings but nothing regarding the Media keys. I even downloaded another version in case , but no change. Guess this is a hidden function unlike the keys themselves.

Reg

No Events found!