Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 1st, 2010 07:00

Inspiron 1545- Resetting to Factory Settings

Hey,

I'm trying to restore my Dell Inspiron 1545 back to the Factory Settings, but I keep running into the same problem.

I know I have to hit F8 on the Dell Logo appears and that will bring up the Advanced Boot Options menu. And that part is fine. But when I go to select Repair Your Computer, it just starts Windows normally. I've tried this many times and every time it just started Windows normally.

What am I doing wrong, and what do I have to do differently? I know I have the right option highlighted, but it's not doing what all the Forums and Support threads say it should.

If you have any idea, I would Love to hear it! Thanks.

1 Message

December 25th, 2010 21:00

I BELIEVE F8 JUST DOES ADV STARTUP THINGS LIKE SAFE MODE ETC. I THINK WHAT YOU WANT IS F11 OR F12

6 Posts

December 26th, 2010 00:00

Try turning off the laptop completely,the turn it on and hold F8. That's how I have to do it. Don't be surprise if it isn't there or get a "pathway is incorrect" That is the error message I've hav gotten the last 2 times. My original system was a 1545 with the Dell Factory System Restore. It became corrupted and I have gone thru about 15 replacement HDD's and 5 replacement Computers and Dell still hasn'r fixed this. Since I'm past the 21 days I can't return the puter for refund. I suggest if you can return your Dell and buy a HP or Sony.   

No Events found!