Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 15th, 2014 03:00

Inspiron 1545's Microphone Compatibility with Windows 7 Ultimate

My Inspiron 1545 laptop's internal microphone is not working since the time I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate (32 bit) from XP Professional. I have tried installing the audio drivers available on Dell's website (R264250), but didn't get any success. I have also tried various other drivers available for  Inspiron1525, but to no avail. 

Please help!

1 Attachment

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 15th, 2014 07:00

Hello. Your screen shot shows "Microphone array". That device is a part of the optional webcam on the 1545 model. The webcam's mic might have to be enabled through the program named Dell Webcam Central. Unfortunately Dell does not make it easy to obtain the program. The Dell article I linked to says to find it in My Dell Downloads, which for a lot of people does not work.

2 Posts

March 16th, 2014 10:00

Hi Jimco. Thanks for your reply.

I do have the Dell Webcam Central software installed on my laptop. The microphone is enabled through it (see screenshot). Though the webcam is working fine, microphone has become worthless. Just wanted to understand why Dell is not providing required software updates for its old products? 

Will appreciate if anyone having Inspiron 1545 and Windows 7 can tell me if they are able to use their system microphone.

Thanks

1 Attachment

No Events found!