Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2013 07:00

Inspiron 15R 5521 Touchpad, hard disc and DVD drive problem.

I just got my new Inspiron 15R 5521 by Dell courier on 2 days go. But then some problem has come up for this short period:

1) There is sound like DVD drive reading data come up randomly from my laptop. First, I was thinking that the sound was coming from my hard disc, but after few time of observed, I found out that it should be came out from the DVD drive, because every time the sound come up, the light of the DVD drive light will blink, so i think its come out from there. The period is very random. And there is nothing inside my DVD drive, why the sound will come out? Is this mean that the DVD drive got problem? Or its just normal?

2) Now my touch pad got problem also. Basically the touch function still normal, but the button of the touch pad not function at all. I have try to restart my windows, it works normally only for a few seconds, then the button go down again. 

Anyone can help me for this? 

Regards,

Chie Khan

4 Posts

May 15th, 2013 08:00

I have just try to fix my touchpad. I have uninstall the driver for the touchpad then restart the windows. Then the touchpad works well but the problem is it cannot be deactivate by by fn + F3.

1.5K Posts

May 15th, 2013 10:00

Hi Chie Khan,

I would suggest you to run hardware diagnostics on the system for hardware functionality, by following the steps below:

• Reboot and press F12 to enter the Boot Menu
  • When the boot device list appears, highlight Diagnostics and press Enter
  • The computer begins to run the Pre-boot System Assessment, a series of embedded diagnostics that perform initial testing on your system board, keyboard, hard drive, and display
  • In case any hardware component is bad, you will get a corresponding error

You may install the latest touchpad drivers and quickset utility. Please refer to the links below:

Touchpad drivers: http://dell.to/16zO2SS.

Quickset Utility: http://dell.to/17v3L5U.

You may try alone instead of + to disable the touchpad.

Keep me posted with the results. I will be glad to assist further.

4 Posts

May 15th, 2013 19:00

I have reinstalled the driver last night n its work well. But this morning when I log in, it still function, but after log in then its not working again. Then I run the test, just normal n everything passed. Then its work when log in, but after that not working again.

1.5K Posts

May 16th, 2013 13:00

Hi Chie Khan,

I would suggest you to update the system BIOS. Please refer to the link: http://dell.to/110hJnA. You may boot in ‘Safe Mode’ and check if the touchpad is working properly there. Please follow the steps below:

• Press ‘Windows’ key + ‘C’ to pull up the ‘Charms Bar’.
  • Click ‘Settings’ and then click ‘Change PC settings’.
  • Under PC settings, click ‘General’.
  • Under ‘Advanced Startup’, click ‘Restart now’.
  • On the Choose an option screen, click ‘Troubleshoot’.
  • Click ‘Startup Settings’.
  • Click ‘Restart’.
  • On the Startup Settings screen, choose ‘Safe Mode with Networking’.
  • Sign in to your PC with a user account that has administrator rights.

4 Posts

May 21st, 2013 00:00

Hi, my touchpad problem has solved. But there is still problem for my DVD drive. It will keep produce sound randomly. The sounds is like when strat to read a disc. But nothing inside the DVD drive. Anyone can solve it? Or I should get a warranty for the DVD drive?

1.5K Posts

May 21st, 2013 12:00

Hi Chie Khan,

I am glad to know that touchpad is working fine now. As far as optical drive is concerned, I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the firmware. You may follow the steps below:

• Press ‘Windows’ key + R on ‘Desktop’ screen.
  • Type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run box and press ‘Enter’.
  • Click > sign next to ‘Disk Drives’.
  • Right click the entry listed under ‘Disk Drives’ and click ‘uninstall’.
  • Restart the computer operating system will automatically picks up the updated firmware.

1 Message

August 14th, 2013 20:00

Hello DELL , i have dell inspiron n5110  i7 model laptop.Rrecently i having  one  problem like  "SHORT-CIR CUTE SOUND  FROM MY LAPTOP TOUCHPAD"       I can hear a cruncy or short-ciruit sound from the front of the laptop and near the speaker whenever i switch ON my laptop.

1 Message

October 29th, 2013 08:00

hello frnd...i faced the same problem in my dell inspiron 15r 5521 laptop...the solution is....in your lapy, go to CONTROL PANEL-DEVICE MANAGER-MICE AND OTHER CONTROL DEVICE-TOUCHPAD..just right click on touchpad option and uninstall it...then restart your pc..afer that your touchpad will work

No Events found!