Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 18th, 2013 00:00

Inspiron 15R SE 7520 video card not working after Windows 8.1 update

The internal graphics are Intel HD 4000 and the graphics card is a Radeon HD 7730M. After updating to Windows 8.1 almost everything worked, except it only uses the on-board Intel graphics. Now the resolution isn't right and parts of the Windows interface look rather poor in comparison.

What I've tried:

• Uninstalling the video card drivers
  • Re-installing the Dell drivers for the video card
  • Installing the latest beta drivers directly from the AMD website
  • Disabling the on-board Intel graphics
  • Uninstalling the on-board Intel graphics

So now what?

1 Message

November 18th, 2013 15:00

Try right clicking the game's .exe file, clicking compatability, and tick run as administrator and in windows 8 compatibility mode.

I seem to have to do this for all games now.

November 22nd, 2013 17:00

I'm frustrated.  If I'm not following forum rules, I apologize.  I've had problems since upgrading to Windows 8.1 with video drivers and media card reader drivers.  In regards to the video drivers, I tried the quoted solution on the 19th and again on the 21st.  It has yet to work.  Right now my Intel card is disabled and my AMD/ATI card is not recognized by the newly supplied driver. Did I mention I'm frustrated.  I usually get a pop up that tells me that the AMD Driver can't find a device to control or is not functioning and then it says to reinstall. 

Now I can't even access the pages I need to try to download the files and/or check to see if there are new versions out as of today (I saw another thread that suggested a new driver came out on the 21st that I did not see previously). 

And I just got this laptop back from Dell.  They had to replace my screen. 

1 Message

November 25th, 2013 11:00

I am facing the same issue with my dell inspiron 15r 5537 after the terrible windows 8.1 update.  I got a sad smiley :emotion-6:  at the start screen after the update when i first restarted my laptop during the update. Ever since, it has been a nightmare for me and my laptop does not even shutdown now.

Really dissapointed at the way dell and microsoft have been dealing this issue. Search the web and you will see many of such complaints and neither of them are doing anything.

I get this error message that the AMD display driver not working and i am tierd of installing drivers from amd website.

Dell please fix this issue.

5 Posts

November 27th, 2013 11:00

These are the drivers that are finally working fine for me (no resolution issues, no performance drop in games).

Hope that helps.

28 Posts

November 29th, 2013 05:00

there is no real solution for amd enduro.

muxless design is a biggest s.it started from cappitalist intel and amd corpration. when combined  microsoft its giant s.it

there is no direct connection bus for special for muxless design and system memory slower than gpu memory.

im bug i reported lots time. and they are only doing bugfix for new selling capitalist games. need for speed rivals and xcom. im have driver problem with warthunder they are not doing anything.

i have 600 gflops capability amd gcn gpu and amd driver bugs.
i have 25  gflops cabability arm mali 400 gpu but i can use their all....

i will never buy if amd release arm processor. when intel and arm builded arm cpu or gpu arm will dead...

28 Posts

inspiron 7520... game usage buttons (asdw)  broking with system heat. keyboard plastic not enough for system heat.

their samsung panel 1920x1080 good quality but pixel error ratio high. ( i have 3 dead pixel )
radeon 7730m giving blitz sound when high load. try GpuCapsViewer. and there is pci express link problem... mine is running x8 2.0 ( gpu-z report )

dell releasing totaly old and useless drivers.

chinese design better then american design. i can get bug fix or support chinese corprations. good or bad there is support.

but american corpration only work for their lastest selling games :D american design is show but empty. chinese design not show but theire is something.

28 Posts

american hardware and games need "bug free" qualification. they must show "bug free" or "including with bugs"

they are relasing new cod ghost....

amd driver black screen....

battlefield 3

amd driver purple screen...

battlefield 4

amd drier yellow screen

battlefield 5 red screen

battlefield 5 bug fixed. your system not enough... game slow...

19 Posts

November 30th, 2013 03:00

Okay,  this is not directly answering your question but imma put it up here just to share my situation.

Upgrade to 8.1 Nothing worked properly literally, unbelievable, not worth the effort, windows files corrupted also! Reinstall windows 8.0, do all updates up to 8.1, did not touch a thing, both cards work fine, and both are recognized, the PC will self switch so there is no need for the Catalyst centre, this is good news as at the time it would not install properly.

I now have my laptop sitting on my desk, with 2 22" 1080p monitors, one via HDMI, with sound routed to that, then 3.5mm out of the left monitor, and the right screen via, VGA both running at identical resolution, both cards working fine, For this to run, when u select primary and secondary displays, you have to un-check the internal display!

To check both cards were working, i went to system about in photoshop, I checked on GPU-Z, and i checked on Argus monitor, both are working whenever the pc feels they need to.

Laptop specs ; Radeon 7730m 2gb, Intel 4000HD, Intel i7 3rd gen, 6gb RAM, 750gb 7500 RPM HDD

I am now not bothering with any catalyst centre, this is seen as optional, even the dell support told me this

28 Posts

November 30th, 2013 05:00

amd releasing driver ( like 13.11 beta 9.4 )  and machine sellers modifiying drivers for their design or optimization

im comparing driver infs with diff compare.

im get something from LeeKm fixed driver.
im get something from dell amd 13.151 release ( last win 8.1 )

im get something from acer-toshiba releases.    

mixed samples:

DisableFBCSupport 1
DALRULE_WADSUPPORT  1
GCORULE_WADSUPPORT 1
PP_DeferFirstStateSwitch 1
GXOUseSclkforProgrammableDispClk 1
DP_NotSendingLTMessage 1
PP_VariBrightFeatureEnable 0PXProfileSync 1
DalAllowHSyncVSyncAdjustment 0
DalAllowCompositeSyncAdjustment 0

PP_PhmOnePCIELaneInULV 0 ( im not know work or not)
ALOPTION_MaxResBCD, %REG_BINARY%, 00,00,00,00,00,00,00,85
and more.....

result when compare original 13.11 original beta 9.4

system more cooler when idle.
firefox scrolling better...
games fps like more stabile

i can not guarante its better with regedit tweaks but....
............................................................................................

BEsT DRIVER Is LAsTEsT BETA AND sPEsIFIC REG TWEAKs FOR INsPIRON 7520
AND IM TAKE COMPATIBILITY sETTINGs FROM OTHER BRANDs. AND LEEKM DRIWER TWEAKs.

AMD NOT REALY CLEAN THEIR DRIVERs FOR ENDURO TYPE UsAGE. LOTs OF OPTION COMING FROM DEsKTOP OR OLD TYPE MUX RADEON MOBILE.

THIs Is NOT MY DUTY. THIs Is INTEL+AMD AND DELL DUTY

3 Posts

November 30th, 2013 15:00

Hey,

sorry for the late reply.. I solved the issue a few days ago successfully. 

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 (what you are probaly did too) and installing the latest drivers from Dell, my AMD HD 7730M wouldn't work anymore like said above. I found a pretty simple way to get this solved:

1. Go to device manager

2. Go to 'Display adapters' and double click on the AMD Radeon HD 7730M

3. Click on 'Driver' 

4. Click on 'Roll Back Driver' and choose a previous driver

This solved all problems. I can now use the AMD as before and there's no error messages anymore.

Hope this is going to help you too ! :emotion-1:

Birk

December 3rd, 2013 09:00

I have tried every bit of thing .. from download drivers from this site (you have provided)

http://ftp.dell.com/published/Pages/inspiron-15r-se-7520.html#TopSolutions

to downloading from dell support website .. but it does not work at all and all my video load is on the CPU (i guess) since it is hot since the update

things i did after the update

uninstalled the amd driver with driver sweeper and deonload driver for 8.1 from the dell site and installed it.. IT DID NOT WORK

uninstalled intel hd 4000 drivers and tried to install drivers provided by you and dell both but says compatibility issues .. DID NOT WORK

Installed drivers from amd .. still did not work

here is the dialog box i got after intalling and rebooting my pc.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=60DCE27FD060DD19!6122&authkey=!ALe8sLzVJsfuh7I&v=3&ithint=photo%2c.png

PLEASE HELP

and also my elan tech touchpad stoped working even after reinstalling it says failure in driver install

<ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU> WHAT SHOULD I DO.. THROW THIS LAPTOP

December 11th, 2013 04:00

Thanks SANTECHZ ,

This was helpful and now I am able to play the game ( Mass effect 3) which was working with my old dell inspiron system but with new 15R turbo, experiencing a cinematic lag and stuttering issues. 

This mobility driver resolved my issue. :)

I am yet to try Call of duty Ghost which was experiencing some cinematic lag. 

Thank you for sharing, 

3 Posts

December 11th, 2013 08:00

my Intel HD Graphics 4000 and AMD Radeon HD 7670M has problems after updating to windows 8.1. when i chek the device manager there the device has the problem of not working properly

i tried to update the drivers using windows update, but after downloading it says" your system not having minimum requirements etc etc.."

so i put my dell driver cd which i got when i buy this laptop and installed the drivers. now i can use the catalyst control but still the graphics has problems. l cant play any games, when i play any movie the videos are flashing sometimes(you know the problems with drivers).  what should i do... pls help me to sort it out.

1 Message

January 5th, 2014 16:00

santechz, that was super helpful. Thank you so much.

I was really close to losing my mind. And I registered to this site only for writing this: THANK YOU!

For whoever sees this, my laptop model is: Dell Inspiron 7520 IN-RD33-6392

All the problems began after upgrading windows from 8 to 8.1.

My main problem was a BSOD with the error : THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER which appeared after wake up from sleep or hibernate.

Yochai

January 10th, 2014 11:00

Hi Amit,

After consulting Dell Customer Care,

I have tried the following list of drivers :

From Dell Support site :

Video_Intel_W8.14_A00_Setup-

KK6CK_ZPE.exe (Intel)
Video_AMD_W8.1_A00_Setup-9NNDW_ZPE.exe(AMD)
Video_Driver_NDJN4_WN_10.18.10.3277_A00.EXE(Intel Update Package)
Video_Driver_9NNDW_WN_13.151.0.0_A00.EXE(AMD Update Package)

From link customer care provided:

13-9_mobility_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql.exe(AMD)
Video_Intel_W8.14_A00_Setup-KK6CK_ZPE.exe(Intel) // I also updated both the drivers using the update software option in device manager

From AMD website:

amd_catalyst_13.11_mobility_betav9.5.exe(AMD)

For each installation i have uninstalled the previous drivers(with the delete driver files option ticked). Windows Update was off during each trial.

None of the above solutions work. The overheating still happens on playing HD games and videos(Laptop shuts down in 10 mins). AMD driver error persists.

No Events found!